Thoughts on applying?? - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    .005 milligrams of marijuana will get a tremendous ata boy from your reaching for the stars Supervisor.

Unregistered
    lol, so true. And that's after tearing up the car in a search to find that piece of shake. If those dumb students would go across the street to smoke that stuff, they would be given a citation if caught.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    It all depends on who does your initial interview. Some are understanding. Some are not. USF is a good place to work so long as you can stay away from certain people. But that's at any agency. The community us great to us and the job isn't that hard at all. The probationary thing well without specifics it's hard to say what the overall hiring outcome might be. Beth thing to do is apply, be open and honest about it if asked and see what happened. Starting salary is about 43 grand. Great health benefits. Good working conditions. Good equipment. But remember you won't be the boss and sometimes you may be asked to do something you thing is stupid. So long as you just smile and do it you'll be okay.
    If I were to submit the online application, how long generally would it take them to reach out? If I'm not being considered, will they notify me of that, or will they just disregard that application all together without telling me?

Unregistered
    If I were to submit the online application, how long generally would it take them to reach out? If I'm not being considered, will they notify me of that, or will they just disregard that application all together without telling me?
    They will notify you either way. This isn't a bad place to work, just know what kind of policing your getting into and don't get sucked into the negativity here. Anywhere you go you will counter people who complain about everything. Nowhere is perfect.

Unregistered
    They will notify you either way. This isn't a bad place to work, just know what kind of policing your getting into and don't get sucked into the negativity here. Anywhere you go you will counter people who complain about everything. Nowhere is perfect.
    That's true. I submitted the app online on 08/09, so hopefully I hear something soon, one way or another. I would really like to at least get an interview, but I'm not too optimistic about it.

Unregistered
    If you are planning on applying here because it is you last resort than go for it, they will more than likely hire you. This job is by no means traditional law enforcement and there is tons of negativity in this agency. You will constantly be micromanaged and harassed by your supervisor while you’re on the 3 to 4 BS calls that we do take per shift. If you have never been employed as a campus police officer than I would highly recommend that you do some serious research. I would not wish this place on my worst enemy.
    *bump
    You will be here through the contract period you sign. When you want to move on, especially for the younger people that want to move on, you will make it to almost getting hired by the new agency you are applying for, and then for some reason, the agency you are applying with, will decide against hiring you after they do the background check here at this agency. Your career is ended and you are stuck working here. For retirees, it is a great place to apply.

Unregistered
    If you have a criminal record ,have been dumped from another agency's backround, failed an FTO program, fired or otherwise left another Department under questionable circumstances, or a retired know it all. PLEASE DO NOT APPLY HERE AND WASTE OUR TIME.

Unregistered
    If you have a criminal record ,have been dumped from another agency's backround, failed an FTO program, fired or otherwise left another Department under questionable circumstances, or a retired know it all. PLEASE DO NOT APPLY HERE AND WASTE OUR TIME.
    One of those things applies to me, but the situation can be easily mitigated by simply explaining it to someone. I'm not going to throw in the towel on a career that I worked hard to obtain just because someone at my last agency, with little knowledge of the actual situation, said something bad about me.

Unregistered
    I believe each applicant should be looked at and reviewed on a case to case basis to be fair. No applicant or people working the job at USF is squeaky clean, if that's what their looking for.

Unregistered
    I believe each applicant should be looked at and reviewed on a case to case basis to be fair. No applicant or people working the job at USF is squeaky clean, if that's what their looking for.
    I agree. It's been over a month since I submitted my application, and still haven't heard anything. I can't remember how low it took for the SO I came from to get back to me initially, but I feel like it wasn't this long. I notice they posted an ad for the position on Indeed about 15 days ago. So, they must not have the applications they want.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast