Thoughts on applying?? - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Unregistered
    A buddy of mine had a difficult time finding another LEO job after separating from a large agency in FL. He put he resigned voluntarily they said he was forced. He applied everywhere across the state for two years and finally got hired at AGlaw (FDACS).

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    A buddy of mine had a difficult time finding another LEO job after separating from a large agency in FL. He put he resigned voluntarily they said he was forced. He applied everywhere across the state for two years and finally got hired at AGlaw (FDACS).
    Oh my God, you are better off being a Reserve Officer someplace and working in another career field entirely than taking that advice. All those guys do is sit at the weigh stations and say 'Whatcha got?' all shift, clean the office bathrooms and...bonus...get to drive their POV's to and from work for the lowest paying, most thankless job in State LE...

Worst idea ever!

Unregistered
    USFSP posted an ad for LEO. Do they do traffic stops on the bordering roadways like the Tampa campus does? Do they have take-home cars? How many officers do they on each night. Anyone have any details on them?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    USFSP posted an ad for LEO. Do they do traffic stops on the bordering roadways like the Tampa campus does? Do they have take-home cars? How many officers do they on each night. Anyone have any details on them?
    No take home cars. For many years, if you worked the night shift you worked by yourself. If you needed backup, you had to use your cell phone and call the Sheriff's Office. Not an ideal situation by any means. It might be different now, not sure. Call and speak with an officer over there.

Unregistered
    No take home cars at USFSP

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345