$30 Million Dollars for state agencies - Page 2
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    It's good to hear you are heading out. It sounds like it is a good move for both you and the agency.
    I say give a $1000 a year for years of service with a cap at 20. That will fix the compression once and for all. Rookies start at $36k plus the few years they have on. Then wait to see what happens. This colonel needs to take care of the 15 years plus troopers that are making the same as a rookie. Rookies can pay their dues just like the rest of us or they can leave. Forget $5k for every trooper. that doesnt do anything but cause more problems. $1000 A YEAR FOR EVERY YEAR OF SERVICE. CAPS OR TOPS AT 20 YEARS OF SERVICE.

Unregistered
    I don't think y'all read between the lines very well. The Col. Mentioned getting 3000 troopers and bringing us to full staff. So really, you won't be getting a raise because they are just going to hire new people and pay them what 20 year guys make.

Y'all have to be mentally insane or just brand new if you think this administration gives two cents about you, your pay, compression or anything other than tickets, tracking devices, cameras and qoutas.

You'll get nothing or 3%.....y'all get screwed, then when they say something you run back to them and hail them all over.

Unregistered
    I don't think y'all read between the lines very well. The Col. Mentioned getting 3000 troopers and bringing us to full staff. So really, you won't be getting a raise because they are just going to hire new people and pay them what 20 year guys make.

Y'all have to be mentally insane or just brand new if you think this administration gives two cents about you, your pay, compression or anything other than tickets, tracking devices, cameras and qoutas.

You'll get nothing or 3%.....y'all get screwed, then when they say something you run back to them and hail them all over.
    I noticed that too when he said we need 3000 troopers. I'm afraid They will just create more positions and forget about us, I don't know who will he hire though..... this command staff are retarded. Take care of the backbone first if you want to have a body, it's ok, they will learn when no, 3000 empty positions.

Unregistered
    Yes another 1000 spare cars to maintain. I don't think the colonel wants to fix our pay issue , he just wants more body which he's not going to get. 1000 per year of experience sounds like a good plan. It will definitely bring the morale back up, since it was Destroyed after the 2000 specialty pay.

We need a colonel like Grimmin who understands what's going on. More positions won't fix the issue, pay will fix it down on the spot. I'd rather work with four experience good Troopers than 10 idiots

Unregistered
    Yes another 1000 spare cars to maintain. I don't think the colonel wants to fix our pay issue , he just wants more body which he's not going to get. 1000 per year of experience sounds like a good plan. It will definitely bring the morale back up, since it was Destroyed after the 2000 specialty pay.

We need a colonel like Grimmin who understands what's going on. More positions won't fix the issue, pay will fix it down on the spot. I'd rather work with four experience good Troopers than 10 idiots
    Agree! Gov said for pay raises and retention. Colonel better do the right thing. Excellent plan $1000 year for years of service cap at 20. Starting at 1

Unregistered
    It's good to hear you are heading out. It sounds like it is a good move for both you and the agency.
    It's ignorant, old, depends wearing brass like you that makes this agency so miserable to work at. Go change your diaper. This place sucks

Unregistered
    It's showboating. Pure and simple. The village idiots will think Skeletor cares about them and vote for their new found savior. It's a joke.
    Thanks Hillary, but the joke is in your hand...

Unregistered
    Every Trooper know we have 2 problems with this agency, pay is too low and we are understaffed on the roads. To help fix the understaffed part is going to require a higher base pay rate, it's the only thing that is going to get better applicants into this agency. but that base pay rate should also go across the board for every road trooper and sergeants. Then to help our retention problem there has to be a step plan of some sort. I would suggest a $4k step every 5 years capping at the 20 years. so that's a guaranteed 16K pay raise. The State still needs to do pay raises to adjust for living and the changes for cost of living on top of this as well.

Unregistered

It's ignorant, old, depends wearing brass like you that makes this agency so miserable to work at. Go change your diaper. This place sucks
    I have to agree. Through the last 75 years, the old way of doing things hasn't gotten FHP very far.

FHP needs to change with it the times, or continue to be left behind. And not just with equipment (like it works anyway).
    Leadership is only worried about the here and now. Their $110K-$140K/year and retirement, not what happens to the agency in the long-term.

Every day we give our jobs away because we're too tired, disgruntled, worried about mgmt scrutiny, untrained, can't get paid the OT, headed to a better paying job (off duty), or just plain lazy.

We've lost so much respect.

Unregistered
    It's showboating. Pure and simple. The village idiots will think Skeletor cares about them and vote for their new found savior. It's a joke.
    He's term limited and not getting re-elected. No one can vote for him. Who's the village idiot now?

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast