$30 Million Dollars for state agencies
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

$30 Million Dollars for state agencies

I know it's far away, but hopefully we start making a decent salary. Let's keep fighting for a better future. Let's do this....!

http://jacksonville.com/news/public-...aw-enforcement

Unregistered
    They will spend $25 million on beatrooper.com and divvy up the other $5 million for all 4,000 State LEO raises.

Unregistered

Inflation

Hopefully it will not be another 12 years before you get a raise again to be on the same starting base pay as other agencies. They need to give you troopers a step plan. Be safe take care of yourselves.

Unregistered
    Interestingly....it sounds like the individual agencies will be able to use the money as they see fit. This looks good for us folks. Hate to get excited, but I'm hopeful.

Unregistered
    Ehh....they don't care about you once you reach five years, so they'll bring all the new guys to five year levels then stagnant you for ever. The guys who put in time to be over $40,000 will stay the same while all the new guys are brought up to $40,000. Guarantee it....but new tracking devices and cameras will be in every vehicle state wide! Our agency can not be trusted to set a proper pay plan and PBA won't do crap to regulate it either.,

Unregistered
    It's nice to see the Col being blunt to the press about the issue (and this is not the first article I've seen where he's done that). I think this current command staff seems to have a better working relationship with DHSMV than the past ones and that bodes well for the agency. The steps have been small, but they've been in the right direction and if we're honest, the path is tough one. Put me in the hopeful camp, I think this proposal is great news.

Unregistered
    It's showboating. Pure and simple. The village idiots will think Skeletor cares about them and vote for their new found savior. It's a joke.

Unregistered
    A few of the previous posters made some interesting points on the $30 million for state agencies. There is 3 big agencies, FHP FWC and FDLE. The article doesn't mention DEP, BAT, Fire Marshalls, and DFS (insurance fraud) So to keep it simple let's say they get $10 million each only to the big 3. And assuming the raise is only for sworn members; then if we use round numbers and say 2000 troopers. That's a $5000 pay increase per trooper. That is a nice increase, but I used a lot of "ifs" and estimation and simplifications. Chances are, it is much more difficult then what I said.

Unregistered
    Our great agency will use our money and give another raise to the specialty positions, since that is where our vacancy issues are [sarcasm]. If they are smart, they will get this money and fix the main problem which is for lieutenants and below.

Keep giving all the money to the specialties and see who will work the road next year, as of now, our station is fully staffed with specialty positions and none of them will hump a call. Meanwhile, all the troopers have quit and x65 for the Only unit left in 2 counties. Guys, leave if you can, FHP will get the money to recruit new troopers and forget about the guys that are working the road. I'm a 7 year trooper making 46k with cad, a new rookie that just came in is making 43k. Sad

Our agency will forget about us again (road troopers with more than 5 years on)

Yes, I'm leaving in a few months also. Be safe brothers

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Our great agency will use our money and give another raise to the specialty positions, since that is where our vacancy issues are [sarcasm]. If they are smart, they will get this money and fix the main problem which is for lieutenants and below.

Keep giving all the money to the specialties and see who will work the road next year, as of now, our station is fully staffed with specialty positions and none of them will hump a call. Meanwhile, all the troopers have quit and x65 for the Only unit left in 2 counties. Guys, leave if you can, FHP will get the money to recruit new troopers and forget about the guys that are working the road. I'm a 7 year trooper making 46k with cad, a new rookie that just came in is making 43k. Sad

Our agency will forget about us again (road troopers with more than 5 years on)

Yes, I'm leaving in a few months also. Be safe brothers
    It's good to hear you are heading out. It sounds like it is a good move for both you and the agency.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast