NYPD to SWFL

Thread: NYPD to SWFL

Junior Member LEO Affairs Rookie

NYPD to SWFL

Hello all, so I'm an NYPD officer looking to move back down to Florida to be close to my family again. My parents were NYPD and when retired in 2003, our family moved down to SWFL. I moved back to NY after my military service and decided to also join the NYPD to give it a try. I love the job and don't really have much complaints about it but I miss Florida and my family soo much.

I'm looking for some insight on which departments are good. I'm looking into Tampa, St. Pete, Sarasota, Clearwater, Ft Myers, Naples areas, or any other areas you guys suggest whether it's city or county. Idk much about either. I know each area has different "districts" so if possible also add some info about the area you patrol. Please and thank you guys. Stay safe.

Unregistered
    Do not Apply at fort Myers. Place is a Sinking ship that has no life jackets or bilge

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by RG5866 View Post
    Hello all, so I'm an NYPD officer looking to move back down to Florida to be close to my family again. My parents were NYPD and when retired in 2003, our family moved down to SWFL. I moved back to NY after my military service and decided to also join the NYPD to give it a try. I love the job and don't really have much complaints about it but I miss Florida and my family soo much.

I'm looking for some insight on which departments are good. I'm looking into Tampa, St. Pete, Sarasota, Clearwater, Ft Myers, Naples areas, or any other areas you guys suggest whether it's city or county. Idk much about either. I know each area has different "districts" so if possible also add some info about the area you patrol. Please and thank you guys. Stay safe.
    TAMPA PD is the best

Unregistered
    Anywhere but FMPD. Small city PD with the disfunction of a big city police dept. complete train wreck

Unregistered
    Stay away from this circus nothing but a shit show