Could you be the Minn police officer that shot the woman

Unregistered

Could you be the Minn police officer that shot the woman

Watching this case from afar, a couple of observations. Not one politician or Leo leader has pointed to the obvious, and probable cause of this tragic death, cops being hunted down and ambushed without provocation. The last, a NY cop, shot will working inside a command bus. A loud bang, probable fireworks, which could be mistaken for gunfire, and within a second or two, loud banging noises of something hitting the cruiser. Turns out the victim banged on the car with her hands. This perfect storm could have been perceived by the officer as being under attack. After the fact, we know that they weren't. My second observation, with cops being ambushed and on edge around the Country, wouldn't it make sense to do some PSA's, or news articles explaining why approaching any officer suddenly and out of his line of sight, should be avoided. I know, cops should see all, that's not reality, and they are often distracted doing report writing and other things and startling them in todays climate, could lead to a over reaction. Bet this is the root cause of this tragedy.

Unregistered
    Great post. Thank you for your courage to post it.

Unregistered
    You can set your watch by this. Politicians will denounce such a improper use of deadly force. Police officials will cry that's not keeping with our standards. Prosecutors will do their best to overcharge. Nobody in these groups will acknowledge that this shooting was tragic but plausible. Huge civil liability to City, but criminal charges may not be warranted, but most certainly will be brought.

Unregistered
    This may never come to light but I have a feeling I know how this happened, negative retention comes to mind.

He was the first Somali-American Officer to be assigned to that Precinct. There was press releases and hundreds of people went to a meet and great that the department put on for him.

This sounds like an example of he was going to be a cop for that city no matter what he did in training/hold over or in their FTO program. The city and department could not have one of the first Somali-American Officers not make it through their program.

There was no way he was going to be washed out, the City had too much P.R. riding on it.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    This may never come to light but I have a feeling I know how this happened, negative retention comes to mind.

He was the first Somali-American Officer to be assigned to that Precinct. There was press releases and hundreds of people went to a meet and great that the department put on for him.

This sounds like an example of he was going to be a cop for that city no matter what he did in training/hold over or in their FTO program. The city and department could not have one of the first Somali-American Officers not make it through their program.

There was no way he was going to be washed out, the City had too much P.R. riding on it.
    The Somali has got to be thinking, "Why the frig did I come to America? I should have just stayed home and been a pirate."

Unregistered
    Two Kissimmee officers ambushed on a call, one dead. Little closer to home now. This atmosphere will lead to innocent people being shot, when split decisions have to be made. Wonder who is responsible for creating this atmosphere?

Unregistered
    Black Minds Splatter

Unregistered
    News reporter trying to set up camera for traffic stop shot by police officer. Reporter acknowledges he could see how what he was doing setting up a tripod, could have been perceived as a threat. On edge!