Narcs - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Narcs

Unregistered
    Appreciate it

Unregistered

Money

Welcomed e-mail from Boss, a reminder unless these bonuses, incentive money or what ever is counted towards your pension, it is a NO WIN, MANY Offices count off duty jobs towards pension as it should be, so you make $30 an hour and they take out two towards your pension, this would be the biggest benefit the Boss could give us, actually why would he care, its our money that will be taken out to enhance our pension, come on boss, that would be a grand slam for you and definetely make you the Sheriff in 20. I think our current Sheriff is doing a FAIR job, but not assertive enough with the County Manager.

Unregistered
    The incentive money and vacation buy back do go towards our high five. Not sick time or details.

Unregistered

Buy Back

Yes the detective incentive and the class / degree incentive goes towards your high five!! The sick time and the vacation buy back does not go towards the high five!! Call finance they will tell you the same! Per FRS you can only sell 500 hours of vacation that will count towards your high five and the mandate is it has to be done with in the last five years in FRS! The reason you would not want this to count is due to the fact of if you took time now toward your high five it would be deducted from the 500 you could potentially sell later! In other words let’s say you got a raise in October your 500 would be worth more now counting towards your potential high five than if you sold it in February counting it towards your high five ! Best way I could think to explain it! I have 24 years in and will be keeping mine to sell at the 25 year mark for the high five! However glad to see it’s being paid day for a day!

Unregistered
    You are correct on the maximum of 500 hundred hours of vacation time to be used towards your high five years of employment at retirement or entering DROP. However where your incorrect is if you buy 84 of vacation hours for five years prior to cashing out your 500 hours it all counts towards your high five years. If you notice on your sick buy back you don’t pay the FRS contribution of 3%, on your vacation buy back you do pay the 3% contribution towards FRS which is absolutely pensionable. FRS doesn’t see this as a vacation buy back but as income earned, like overtime. I actually confirmed this with our Finance Division and FRS. Example: You have accumulated 584 hours and your retirement or DROP date is May 1st, 2018. They offer 100% Vacation buyback and pay it out on March 1st, 2018. You are paid the 84 hours in March and are pensionable along with your maximum 500 hours at time of retirement and entering DROP in May.

Unregistered

Wrong

Call finance!! I repeat they are not paying FRS on Vacation buy back! That would cost the agency +17% with every dollar they paid you! Call then post on here how I was right!

Unregistered
    First of all FRS is more than 17%, second of all they are paying for FRS on the vacation buy back. Your probably not eligible or some idiot that doesn’t accumulate hours.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567