Working in the jail.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Working in the jail.

How is the culture working in the jail? I have 15+ years working in a county jail, and am thinking of applying. There were 600 inmates when I started in my old jail and when I left we had 1500. Does your Sheriff and command staff show support for staff? Or is it a "hang them out to dry" attitude, if you're not " one of the boys"? Thanks in advance for any honest answers. Stay Safe

Unregistered
    [QUOTE=Unregistered;2787843]How is the culture working in the jail? I have 15+ years working in a county jail, and am thinking of applying. There were 600 inmates when I started in my old jail and when I left we had 1500. Does your Sheriff and command staff show support for staff? Or is it a "hang them out to dry" attitude, if you're not " one of the boys"? Thanks in advance for any honest answers. Stay Safe[/QUO

You have to be one of the boys. 15 years means nothing to them. They will use you and ruin you.

Unregistered
    [QUOTE=Unregistered;2796992]
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    How is the culture working in the jail? I have 15+ years working in a county jail, and am thinking of applying. There were 600 inmates when I started in my old jail and when I left we had 1500. Does your Sheriff and command staff show support for staff? Or is it a "hang them out to dry" attitude, if you're not " one of the boys"? Thanks in advance for any honest answers. Stay Safe[/QUO

You have to be one of the boys. 15 years means nothing to them. They will use you and ruin you.
    SO it's like most of the other counties around here. Not how you work, it's who you know or who you blow? Thanks for the heads up.

Unregistered
    [QUOTE=Unregistered;2799464]
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

SO it's like most of the other counties around here. Not how you work, it's who you know or who you blow? Thanks for the heads up.
    So is your 15 years more important than the 5 years of someone that has been there already?

Unregistered

Working in the jail - Detention Center

Morale is at it's lowest. Work ethics are extremely affected by staff shortage, poor leadership, lack of respect for each other. Booking Lt. has no respect for her staff. She continuously creates hostile work environments. An embarrassment to the badge, the agency and to those who work under her authority.
    Sadly, the detention staff is rarely acknowledged for their hard work, dedication and sacrifices.

Unregistered
    Teresa is a waste of oxygen anyway. All she does is brag about her half-$$ed resume; and pretend she is a real Deputy. But she’s from Pasco, so you know how that goes

Unregistered
    The higher ups treat staff like garbage. They are all about their image. They risk the health of their employees just to make sure their reputation isnt damaged; and god forbid you make a mistake. Some people do care but its never the ones you want.

Unregistered
    Just passing by wondering on how the jail is, I’ve been thinking of applying to the agency to be closer to home, been looking at Pasco and Hernando. Also is a degree required to promote up or is it based on experience. Thank you for any replies back. Stay safe out there.

Unregistered
    Sounds just like Sheriff’s Nacho and Crankster! If you haven’t figured it out here is a non secret! Florida Sheriff’s have no real oversight on them! They can do as they please and be as crooked as they want, as long as their noses are firmly up all the county commissioners arses😉

Unregistered
    Good job Tom Lemons. Now move along for another one of your "in-depth" investigations and attempts to sell that waste of paper you call a book.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast