Fhpa
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fhpa

Unregistered

Fhpa

With all of the short hand on manpower, why is FHP always holding back on allowing the A-men to help out more? Hire more A-men, allow to work wrecks more and write citations if need be. FHP is and has always been soooooooo short sided. Only in Florida you can drive an hour or more on the highways and never see a Trooper.

Unregistered
    Fhp does not "hire" FHPA members. They are volunteers. These guys do a great job as it is already and FHP is not in a position to ask anymore from them.

Unregistered

Joke!!

Because some horses a$$ wants to break FHPA balls and make them go through all the same BS as to get on full-time. Heck, we don't even let people do reserves. I know for a fact there are plenty of guys in N. FL that want to keep their ticket punched, but have to jump all the same dump hoops just to play weekend warrior. Its a joke. Well, I shouldn't be surprised. This agency is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Fhp does not "hire" FHPA members. They are volunteers. These guys do a great job as it is already and FHP is not in a position to ask anymore from them.

Unregistered
    You'd be a freakin moron to come out here and work for free for FHP. That's the true definition of a slave. I tell those guys to go be a paid Reserve somewhere or at least a volunteer Reserve at a respected department.

Now I'm anxiously awaiting a few people on here to defend the FHPA program.

Peace

Unregistered

Fhpa

You have some FHPA captain in the Deland area running around town in his class C uniform (polo shirt) all day all night long so he doesn't have to look like an A man. He's out of control.
    FHP does not try to recruit certified, have to go through ALL the training no matter what. I was a 20 year THI officer wanting to join FHPA as I was only 45 Years old, but I was made to feel like I was not good enough for FHP. Got on Orange county making some real money doing what I love. FHP missed the boat, I know of several guys FHP scared off, I mean even after the 5% raise what is it now 36,000 to start???? and your not even able to take on free workers in the FHPA because of all the "we'er the best in the State, so you would be very lucky to get on with us" - REALLY!

Unregistered
    With all of the short hand on manpower, why is FHP always holding back on allowing the A-men to help out more? Hire more A-men, allow to work wrecks more and write citations if need be. FHP is and has always been soooooooo short sided. Only in Florida you can drive an hour or more on the highways and never see a Trooper.
    Aux troopers can work crashes/write citations but that program has been suspended for years. There are only a few auxiliary guys who are still Level 4 certified to work crashes.

Unregistered
    As shown in the previous two messages; just piss poor management.

Unregistered
    Aux troopers can work crashes/write citations but that program has been suspended for years. There are only a few auxiliary guys who are still Level 4 certified to work crashes.
    This is correct. It was called "Level 4" and the Auxiliary Troopers who were grandfathered in can still do it, but none since Brierton ended the program years ago. In my Troop, some of the guys work more crashes than full-time Troopers.

Unregistered
    Do FHPA guys get take home cars?

Thanks,
    Prospective FHPA Applicant

Unregistered
    Do FHPA guys get take home cars?

Thanks,
    Prospective FHPA Applicant
    Some do. Depends on the troop and how many spare cars are available.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast