Fhpa - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fhpa

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Aux troopers can work crashes/write citations but that program has been suspended for years. There are only a few auxiliary guys who are still Level 4 certified to work crashes.
    With FHP, a CSO could do more than a FHPA carrying a gun. And the CSO would get paid for it. Sad.

They Aux and Reserve programs for FHP are completely different than most other agencies.

Unregistered
    You'd be a freakin moron to come out here and work for free for FHP. That's the true definition of a slave. I tell those guys to go be a paid Reserve somewhere or at least a volunteer Reserve at a respected department.

Now I'm anxiously awaiting a few people on here to rsHPA prog

Peace
    Great program, you'll get out of it whatever you put into it.
    Not about monetary compensation for anyone in this business, full time career people or volunteers.
    *Play on words. Auxiliary are "hired" even though they are volunteers. You have to be an actual employee in order to have workers comp. coverage.
    Reach out and get qualified applicants to come forward, we need the help.

Unregistered
    Great program, you'll get out of it whatever you put into it.
    Not about monetary compensation for anyone in this business, full time career people or volunteers.
    *Play on words. Auxiliary are "hired" even though they are volunteers. You have to be an actual employee in order to have workers comp. coverage.
    Reach out and get qualified applicants to come forward, we need the help.
    But they aren't sworn they are appointed which is a play on words that some lawyer could def use in such cases are carrying under hr 218.

Unregistered
    But they aren't sworn they are appointed which is a play on words that some lawyer could def use in such cases are carrying under hr 218.
    HR 218 doesn't apply to FHPA bit it has nothing to do with "sworn" or "appointed" or such wordplay. The issue comes down to full-time and you have to be a full-time LEO to qualify.

Unregistered
    HR 218 doesn't apply to FHPA bit it has nothing to do with "sworn" or "appointed" or such wordplay. The issue comes down to full-time and you have to be a full-time LEO to qualify.
    Well first off you actually need to read the bill they took out the "full-time" requirements years ago with one of the few revisions to it. And secondly there are def troops that give their guys Hr218 cards with their quals I was one of them.

Unregistered
    It's scary that cops speak without a clue what the hell they are taking about. The full-time requirements were removed in 2010 when they took out the requirements for retirement and lowered the total number of years served to a total of 10.

Unregistered
    Well first off you actually need to read the bill they took out the "full-time" requirements years ago with one of the few revisions to it. And secondly there are def troops that give their guys Hr218 cards with their quals I was one of them.
    You're absolutely right. I was going by a memo sent by former Lt. Colonel (then Chief) Duarte that said FHPA doesn't qualify. I should have read the LEOSA Improvement Act of 2010, instead of just the 2004 Act and FHP's memo. Just curious, were your cards issued after Duarte's retirement?

Unregistered
    You're absolutely right. I was going by a memo sent by former Lt. Colonel (then Chief) Duarte that said FHPA doesn't qualify. I should have read the LEOSA Improvement Act of 2010, instead of just the 2004 Act and FHP's memo. Just curious, were your cards issued after Duarte's retirement?
    Got my.first one around 2011 out of troop D.

Unregistered
    FHPA is a disgrace that is dying due to poor management. Making certified folks go through all the BS that a boot has to go through to get into the academy is a shame. FHPA will die with this kind of mentality. There's quite a few "old-timers" in the state that are certified and just want to be a weekend warrior. Oh well, I'll just go reserve at an SO and save myself a bottle of Advil and Gin.

Unregistered
    FHPA is a disgrace that is dying due to poor management. Making certified folks go through all the BS that a boot has to go through to get into the academy is a shame. FHPA will die with this kind of mentality. There's quite a few "old-timers" in the state that are certified and just want to be a weekend warrior. Oh well, I'll just go reserve at an SO and save myself a bottle of Advil and Gin.
    Sounds like someone failed the PAT....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12