I hope theres more to this story of Sgt. firing - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    As a fellow LEO, from another agency, this looks like a witch hunt to me. Sorry...but I don't understand why you would fire a sergeant over something like this. The guy clearly planned on not making it passed the day. Unfortunately, a career is ended because one person made a choice to end his own life. Now a deputy sheriff has to suffer the consequences.
    have your agency hire her. in a few weeks you will see what we are talking about. she's a quart low . horrible deputy and the supervisor that everyone hates. treated people like shhhhit. this is a fool that tried getting on an airplane with brass knuckles and wanted to argue with airport security about it.

Unregistered
    Personality and dislikes aside, would you like to be second guessed and fired after being cleared by Sao and FDLE? The reasons given for her firing was vague at best. Like the OP said, situation was not under control, nor did the original dep have the Sgts back as a backup with lethal force. They both could have been killed due to his slow or inaction, if the guy had wanted to shoot them!.

Unregistered
    Personality and dislikes aside, would you like to be second guessed and fired after being cleared by Sao and FDLE? The reasons given for her firing was vague at best. Like the OP said, situation was not under control, nor did the original dep have the Sgts back as a backup with lethal force. They both could have been killed due to his slow or inaction, if the guy had wanted to shoot them!.
    It's simple. deputy had guy calmed down and at one point had him put gun down until sgt. slaughter showed up and escalated the situation which aggravated the guy. she violated policy which resulted in a death that if she would've not tried to be Mrs. " I'm the segeant so everyone must do as i say" the situation wouldve ended better.there's more to it than what's in a few paragraph article written by a crappy media source. sje shoiodve been criminally charged.

Unregistered
    to the ignorant person who said"no union can help u"..ur very ignorant.I worked for Orlando Pd.If the person has a gun and u shoot them,case closed.Your brainwashed and apparently started at hernando s.o. lmao

Unregistered
    to the ignorant person who said"no union can help u"..ur very ignorant.I worked for Orlando Pd.If the person has a gun and u shoot them,case closed.Your brainwashed and apparently started at hernando s.o. lmao
    So someone has a gun you can automatically shoot them no matter what your actions are even if you antagonize the guy/girl to pull the gun and point at it you. yes you may be justified if he/she points it at you but you being a d ick on scene will be dealt with in sure. good luck cowboy...

Unregistered
    You all can argue that she should have or shouldnt have been fired. Simple answer Mr. Karma took another deserving power hungry cops badge away. Good job Karma. Who's next?

Unregistered
    Nothing on that audio recording sounds like she lost her cool. Sorry, whether you like her or not, she should not have been fired. Florida statute clearly states that Leo's have no duty to "retreat". De-escalation is great, but it isn't statutorily regulated. And it shouldn't be.

Unregistered
    Nothing on that audio recording sounds like she lost her cool. Sorry, whether you like her or not, she should not have been fired. Florida statute clearly states that Leo's have no duty to "retreat". De-escalation is great, but it isn't statutorily regulated. And it shouldn't be.
    Who is unit 127? At 0:50 they gave the command that no one other than #1212 (Dev) needed to be in the residence.

Unregistered
    wow columbo you had alot to base your assessment on. excellent work. she's done and won't be getting her job back. 99.9 percent of the office is thrilled she's gone.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast