I hope theres more to this story of Sgt. firing
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unregistered

I hope theres more to this story of Sgt. firing

After reading the story in todays times, I hope theres other facts we don't know about. First dep arrives, shooter has gun in his lap but moves it to a nearby table after talking with dep. Good so far, but the gun is still readily assessable to the shooter. The Sgt arrives and has a less than lethal bean bag shotgun. A general rule of thumb, is you meet a lethal threat with lethal force but nevertheless less than lethal force is deployed on scene. Shooters mood changes when given commands to move a way from gun, the first dep may have calmed the situation a little but the firearm is still readily assessable and still poses a threat. Shooter doesn't like the commands he receives from the Sgt, so he now reaches for and arms himself with this readily assessable firearm. Bean bag rounds were deployed without stopping the threat. My first question is why the first dep did not use lethal deadly force as soon as the gun was in the shooters hands and being raised in their direction? This first dep should have been the lethal backup to the Sgt's less than lethal shotgun that was occupying both of her hands. Since the first dep didn't fire right away, the shooter was able to point his firarm at both deps and then back at the Sgt before lethal force was used. I am making a assumption here that it may have taken the Sgt a second or two to rid herself of the less than lethal shotgun to go for her firearm. Since the first dep was having a good rapport with this shooter, why then did the shooter point his gun at him to? The shooter could have fired off multiple rounds before these deps responded with lethal force, why didn't he? Sounds like the Sao and Fdle got it right, "Suicide by Cop" The first dep did a good job getting the shooter to move the firearm from being a imminent threat to readily assessable threat, but a lethal threat was still there, as proven by the shooter during this episode. Another words, LEO did not have this situation under control, dispite some cooperation by the shooter. After reviewing this article with the facts presented, I have the following observations: First, why did the first dep on scene not use lethal force the second the shooter armed himself and was bringing the firearm up in the deps direction? The Sgt was at a disadvantage until she could rid herself of the bean bag shotgun? Why did the shooter point his gun at the first dep, thought the shooter said he wasn't going to hurt him? With the shooting being cleared by all investigators, firing the Sgt in this case seems to be without merit, unless of course, is there some thing we don't know about.

Unregistered
    You based your assumption on a brief news article. Pull the IA if you want to find out,it's public record. She escalated the situation because she has a bad attitude and poor people skills. She also has a history of discipline and will not be missed. Cops like her give us all a bad name. She is not wanted back so good riddance.

Unregistered
    Santa has come early this year. That worthless b***h should never wear a badge again. She is a huge liability for this agency. I'm glad to see finally someone had the nuts to put her where she belongs. UNEMPLOYED!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    You based your assumption on a brief news article. Pull the IA if you want to find out,it's public record. She escalated the situation because she has a bad attitude and poor people skills. She also has a history of discipline and will not be missed. Cops like her give us all a bad name. She is not wanted back so good riddance.

Unregistered

Here we go again

She may have her issues, but this is a BS precedent setting firing. Monday morning qb by non cops. Now what happens when any deputy has to use force in suicide by cop? Taking a CIT class does not mean you can talk every person down. A cop gave numerous LAWFUL orders, tried less lethal, then met lethal with lethal period! Those two fat boys have no idea what it is like out here. Mental health issues are on the rise, frankly out of control, and we have no support!

Unregistered

Truth

We know the truth and what happened. She escalated the situation and murdered that man. You can sugar coat it all you want; but she killed someone that did not deserve that level of force. She can be cleared by the SAO and FDLE; but we know what really happened. The best thing that happened to this agency was bouncing her a$$ out on the street.

Unregistered
    Again This is why u work for tampa or Orlando police dept with a union.Only fools stay at an S.O.

Unregistered
    Again This is why u work for tampa or Orlando police dept with a union.Only fools stay at an S.O.
    do what she did no union will save you. she should've been indicted.

Unregistered
    If I asked you to sit down and talk to me cause I'm in a crisis, there is really nothing stopping you from leaving.

Now, let me point a gun at you and tell you to sit down and set the gun right next to me. I bet you would do what I say.

Deputy 1 wasn't de-escalating. He was essentially a hostage.

Unregistered
    If I asked you to sit down and talk to me cause I'm in a crisis, there is really nothing stopping you from leaving.

Now, let me point a gun at you and tell you to sit down and set the gun right next to me. I bet you would do what I say.

Deputy 1 wasn't de-escalating. He was essentially a hostage.
    you're statement tell us that you have no clue of what the details were

Unregistered
    As a fellow LEO, from another agency, this looks like a witch hunt to me. Sorry...but I don't understand why you would fire a sergeant over something like this. The guy clearly planned on not making it passed the day. Unfortunately, a career is ended because one person made a choice to end his own life. Now a deputy sheriff has to suffer the consequences.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast