J.D. Patterson joins Noel-Pratt at Miami Gardens P.D. - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I just wanted to say while I do not always agree with your comments I do appreciate and look forward to reading an intelligent, well thought out, and eloquently expressed opinion on this board.
    Oh PUHLEEZE!!! You can sum it up in 3 words....DUMB AND DUMBER

Unregistered
    Time to take a dump as this news belongs in the shitter

Unregistered
    First, please don’t use the term “grease monkey” in a pejorative fashion. My Grandfather (Chrysler-Plymouth Dealer, Westbury, LI, NY), Father and Uncle were all so called grease monkeys. They could take anything apart (not just cars) and fix it. For a long time my only aspiration was to be one of those very same grease monkeys, but had to acknowledge, at least to myself (my ancestors had already figured it out), that I did not have the aptitude/skills necessary (if I fix one thing, I end up breaking two others). The profession is filled with some very honorable people (as is Law Enforcement).

Second, I do not, nor have I ever made a claim to be “so smart”. Truly smart individuals are acutely aware of their limitations/shortcomings. I’m just on the same repetitive (hopefully) trip around the Sun, on this amazing celestial vessel, that all the rest of humanity is on, trying to comprehend in real time, as well as in retrospect, our mutual yet confounding existence. That is all. I certainly wish you no ill will, but am unfortunately aware of your vitriolic desire to wish ill will to others, specifically JDP, and now me. As for me, it’s OK, I have thick skin and broad shoulders and can take it.

Also, there was no reference in my post to or from Wikipedia. Nor was there any “College Act” involved or invoked. The three latin words at the end of my previous post; ‘Ad Mundum Meliorem’ is actually the Motto of my High School Alma Mater and translates in English to: “Toward a better World” ---- I’m absolutely convinced that that sentiment, or some variation of it, is the reason ALL of us became Police Officers at one point or another. You, me & JDP. I know it sounds corny, but I’m sure every LEO on the planet believed that at one point or another. And the only real adjustment you have to make is in the “scale” of the belief. Maybe you and I cannot make the whole world “better”, but we surely can (and have) made it better for one person somewhere at some time. And we can only hope to repeat that phenomenon over and over again each new day (or night, depending on your shift).

You may not agree with JDP’s policies as Director. Heck, I may not have agreed with JDP’s policies as director. But I can assure you one thing, he was and I believe still is an honorable individual. Was my style of police work (in your face, let’s go to jail) different than his (let’s talk about this, see if we can find a solution). Yes, it most definitely was. But police work, just like religion, has many different styles, and when you get right down to it, is a lot like underwear. Even if you and I had the same Brand, same Model, same color, and same size of underwear: I wouldn’t want to wear yours, and I certainly wouldn’t want you wearing mine. (i.e., there’s room for all of us, on this department, in this county, in this country, on this big round ball).

And I do not support your belief that JDP is corrupt, inept, clueless. I do believe that at his level he had to deal with and allow for a very different dynamic than you and I could ever fathom “pushing a green and white” as you so eloquently said. I pushed a green and white for 15 years and then got promoted and basically became an administrative type cop. I spent about a year and a half as Charlie-2000, and the one thing that taught me was all of the BS that my Central LT had to put up with that us guys on the road were totally unaware of (because you can complain UP the chain of command but not DOWN the chain of command).

I will give you one thing though, the happiest, most fun, most rewarding times of my career were unquestionably when I was pushing that Green & White. I came to appreciate it and MISS it terribly----I will acknowledge for you however, that I’m sure “it ain’t what it used to be”. But then again, doesn’t every generation experience that same dynamic?

I hope you eventually obtain your ID card that states: Honorably Retired, because sometimes when you “look back”, you get a better perspective/view of where you have been.
    Again, with the flowing paragraphs. Look scribe, your pal JD is a corrupt ahole and you are just a naive fool who sticks up for him just bacause he backed you up in the Flattops. Here is a piece of news for you, I too worked those Flattops and Larchmont Gardens, and Brownsville, etc. Yet, I'm not as blind as you and I don't defend an inept director who utilized his skin color to get ahead. Take your crying song to all those honorable cops who worked in the units your buddy JD disbanded to help Comm. Jordan stay out of jail. Your defense of an inept former director offends us all.

Unregistered

nobody from nowhere

Again, with the flowing paragraphs. Look scribe, your pal JD is a corrupt ahole and you are just a naive fool who sticks up for him just bacause he backed you up in the Flattops. Here is a piece of news for you, I too worked those Flattops and Larchmont Gardens, and Brownsville, etc. Yet, I'm not as blind as you and I don't defend an inept director who utilized his skin color to get ahead. Take your crying song to all those honorable cops who worked in the units your buddy JD disbanded to help Comm. Jordan stay out of jail. Your defense of an inept former director offends us all.

.....and with that...
    The New Breed
    has spoken........

one of the nicest compliments I ever got was from a CST guy named Harold "Hawk" Miles. (if you know who he was then I will be happy to afford some credence to what you might have to say next). He had gotten in a little scuffle with a guy who pulled a gun on him over on the RR tracks just east of 17 ave by sugar hill. I have a nice Japanese magazine with a pic of me marching the subject out from the tracks in an arm bar. They (gold badges) had a Japanese journalist ride with me figuring it would "calm me down" (no such luck). What Hawk said to me afterward was: "Boy, was I glad to see your bald head coming down those tracks". Coming from Hawk, who was built like Dwayne Johnson (the rock), that was very special/humbling.

so grasshopper, you are not the only one who has "paid his dues".

I was subsequently thrown out of central by the aftn LT who explained to me "we're afraid you're gonna start your own riot" as the reason for my transfer. I was having too much of a good time.

Lunchmeat was area 1, that don't count. Brownsville and flattops are basically the same locality (flattops is within Brownsville).

Speaking of Brownsville, ask around about the 31 at the house on the south side of 50 street in between the apt bldgs. (2250 I think) where the woman that lived there was found in the foyer with her head neatly severed (a la OJ Simpson) and hanging on by only 2 or 3 ligaments at the back of her spine. that was my call wonderboy. And as I was gently apologizing to her that I was gonna have to mess up her house just a little more (cause I knew homicide was gonna have crime lab cut pieces out of the walls where bloody handprints were) I looked up and saw a paramedic looking at me like I had lost my mind. Even once they are "gone" you should still talk to people nicely (she deserved at least that much).

Unregistered

nobody from nowhere

It seems to me that you are too easily offended to be engaged in this profession my friend.

From the onset, all I was trying to subtly point out is that ANY cop that spent any period of time in Central was/is worth his or her
    weight in Gold (because you see/learn more in a year in Central than you do in 10 years anywhere else, or maybe not at all in
    Kendall or Hammocks). That applies equally to You, Me, Hawk, and of course JDP. That's the only point I was trying to make.
    Sorry you missed it.

I have to go now, they just called for "lights out" at the "home". I'll be back tomorrow, if I wake up that is.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123