Return of the CSO's - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    A trooper takes a battery call and thinks he's a cop, look I built a shed now I'm a master carpenter or, I got my boating license now I'm a captain.... come on Troopers, EVERYTHING you do can be done by a civilian for a lot cheaper. Your DUIs will start to be handled by deputies because they all have the training (they're just not required to do them now) and your felonies on the crashes will be handled by deputies because you ALREADY call us for anything not crash related. Useless.......now go write a long form and think about how special you are! People can go online and fill out your report.

Honestly tho, keep calling me to Stolen Vehicles, Batteries,Warrants and other real cop work....it's more ammo my agency is going to use next year to explain AGAIN how useless you are and this time they'll win.
    Why do you guys even respond to this idiot. He obviously has an attitude problem. This guy is the reason people hate cops. I'll bet you he's an asshole and hated by his peers. Dude, you aren't that special!!!!

Unregistered
    Good I am glad CSO are coming back. There is too much work for road troopers. My question would be, where is the money coming from?? Just pay the troopers more with the difference in what you would pay CSO's.
    I hate to say it, but it can't cost that much money for DHSMV to employ CSOs, considering how little they'd have to pay them. The counties I live and work in have some version of CSOs, and they all make significantly less than the LEOs. But FHP already pays so low, CSOs would pretty much be making minimum wage.

Unregistered
    Not finding anything on Google or DHSMV website. Where are ya hearing that?

Unregistered
    It will be somewhere between what a trooper and dispatcher make and there really isn't that much of a gap to fit them into, about a 10k gap...

Unregistered
    Not finding anything on Google or DHSMV website. Where are ya hearing that?
    The 30million FHP is getting. Next year they are going to strip all the Black and Tans, paint them white, replace them with yellow lights. Take the guns,teasers and other high liability stuff away and make you what you are....civilian crash investigators. Then you'll show up in your little car, take a crash report and leave the real police work to the professionals....such a joke you think you are police. When was he last time you did anything not 316-322.....

With the savings in liability the state will be able to hire an additional 1000 spots and you'll be at 3000....whoohooo

Unregistered
    No, we don't. All we do in Miami is run
    Crash to Crash. Eat my food in my car. Talk to my wife briefly in the car. Then continue to run Crash to Crash.

We don't work batteries. We work crashes.

Unregistered
    No, we don't. All we do in Miami is run
    Crash to Crash. Eat my food in my car. Talk to my wife briefly in the car. Then continue to run Crash to Crash.

We don't work batteries. We work crashes.
    We all know that, so now get paid like a civilian crash investigator. Have your pension and salary reflect this non mission cricital job.

Unregistered
    We all know that, so now get paid like a civilian crash investigator. Have your pension and salary reflect this non mission cricital job.
    So what exactly is your deal and why do you have such a hardon for FHP all of a sudden? You are obviously on several threads here spouting the same crap. So tell us what the deal is.
    We more than pay for ourselves with the amount of revenue we generate. You don't seriously think your taxes are going down with our disbandment do you? If public safety is your concern one would think you would want as many badges as possible out there...

Unregistered
    So what exactly is your deal and why do you have such a hardon for FHP all of a sudden? You are obviously on several threads here spouting the same crap. So tell us what the deal is.
    We more than pay for ourselves with the amount of revenue we generate. You don't seriously think your taxes are going down with our disbandment do you? If public safety is your concern one would think you would want as many badges as possible out there...
    Look, my problem is when a crime happens at a rest area on the interstate, why won't a trooper respond. Or why does my sheriffs department have to respond out there to handle it, taking them out of my neighborhood. Look, I want as many cops as possible but the key word in that is "COPS" all I want is FHP to stop taking my sheriffs department off their calls and proactive patrols to handle calls that FHP could handle (batteries,Thefts,etc on crashes or interstates). Writing tickets and traffic enforcement is definitely public safety, but there's a whole lot more to it. FHP doesn't need to patrol neighborhoods but if a crime occurs on a crash or on the interstate they should be able to handle it. I'm paying for it.

Sincerely
    A Tax Payer and concerned citizen.

Unregistered
    Look, my problem is when a crime happens at a rest area on the interstate, why won't a trooper respond. Or why does my sheriffs department have to respond out there to handle it, taking them out of my neighborhood. Look, I want as many cops as possible but the key word in that is "COPS" all I want is FHP to stop taking my sheriffs department off their calls and proactive patrols to handle calls that FHP could handle (batteries,Thefts,etc on crashes or interstates). Writing tickets and traffic enforcement is definitely public safety, but there's a whole lot more to it. FHP doesn't need to patrol neighborhoods but if a crime occurs on a crash or on the interstate they should be able to handle it. I'm paying for it.

Sincerely
    A Tax Payer and concerned citizen.
    What county do you live in where FHP is abdicating all of the crime you mentioned? I'm in Troop L, and we handle everything on the Interstate including violent crimes--and have been for at least four years. I know Troop E (Miami) has a similar mandate. I know FHP has had a reputation for turning these over in the past, but for at least several years in South Florida we've been working all crimes in our area of responsibility.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast