Wake up - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wake up

Unregistered
    The PBA attorneys attend statements.

Honestly, I'm still trying to figure out your platform. You running the anti-corruption thing now? Boat slips and gold clubs?
    You didn't mention those things in your anonymous e-mail to our members. How did your day go this morning by the way, standing at the gates and flagging down guys driving in to work?

-The Pines members had zero input as it pertains to the billboard. That creates plausible deniability. There are no repercussions for our members that way. The City knows JM did it and it's worked out for us.

-Our members elect Representatives who participate on the screening committees. Should we have 2000 person screening committees consisting of every Union member for the purposes of endorsing candidates? You probably think you should get some say on the Health Care Bill that's getting ferried around DC.

-Marano's trip to NY where he represented our organization during the slain cop's funeral? Yeah, our dues did. Am I supposed to be ashamed of that?

Here's some (rhetorical) questions I have...

-Why did IUPA endorse a candidate running against a sitting Commissioner in Pines without even contacting that sitting Commissioner? Oh by the way, that Commissioner has been one of the PBA's strongest allies as it pertains to the awarding of benefits.

-Why does TA's secretary get sent to IA's to represent Deputies?

-How thrilled with IUPA's work were the two Pompano Deputies involved in that shooting?

-Why has the AFL-CIO President (who IUPA is a member of) made anti-police comments?

-Is it true that there's a push from other AFL-CIO organizations to boot IUPA from their ranks?

-Is it true that the AFL-CIO endorsed Hillary in the most recent Presidential Election?

Here's the cold, hard truth though. There aren't really a lot of difference between each Union. They all have their pro's and con's. We could go back and forth all day about the dumb shit each one has done or the great things they can do. The FOP and IUPA are only putting their toe in the water at Pines because they feel like this is their shot to suck up that dues money. If you really think they're in it for the greater good or to take care of cops, you're mistaken. The people at Pines who reach out to those organizations may be unhappy. Hell, they may even have reason to be. Those organizations are coming to that persons rescue tho. They're looking for that same dues money.

Currently the PBA at Pines have the best interest of their members, past, present and future at heart. They work tirelessly and make sacrifices to see that those members are taken care of. They have a long standing relationship with Commissioners and City Representatives and that pays off for the members in ways that they don't normally see or know about.

The thought of leaving a Union that has taken this shit sandwich offer and used the aforementioned relationships to craft something that is not only palatable but actually a solid win, is plain silly.

Sling your mud or do whatever you want, you can't detract from the results obtained. Go fish.

Unregistered
    Simple answers to simple questions Marano. When you place a billboard into a city, it is the officers that pay the price for the type of message, not you because you are retired and collecting $54, 000 of our dues money and another $18,000 from the State of Florida PBA. Must be nice !!
    Your trip to New York City was never for a funeral. Even the caption under the article says you were there to show support for a Sgt who was arrested. Maybe you should click on the link. http://nypost.com/2017/07/13/law-enf...-at-city-hall/

No union should have to chase down political candidates and beg them for an interview. Politicians need a union endorsement and they are ALL aware of who they can get endorsements from. IUPA endorsed the one candidate who reached out to them and then IUPA put it out to the membership and the membership gave the endorsement. The PBA sometimes refuses to even give interviews to candidates who seek their endorsement. Heck, sometimes you even require a candidate to have a certain dollar amount in their account before an interview is given.

No matter what union you have, the number one goal is to keep your members out of jail first and preserve their job next. Now that FDLE is conducting the investigation with economic crime detectives, why would anyone ever give a statement to FDLE? FDLE does not clear you and they do not make a recommendation to the SAO not to prosecute. Is the PBA endorsing the theory to provide FDLE a statement that can 100% be used against you in a grand jury, IA and during prosecution? Now you just gave a possible avenue for conflicting testimony if you forgot or remembered something different months and possibly years later. In addition to that, now a third statement to IA where they can use that against you. Law school 101 Marano.

No union can control what everyone says in their organization. You still support Debbie Wasserman to this day and look at her. President Trumpka is an ass and needs to go. There are people under him that are very pro police and their time will come. IUPA is upset that Trumpka does not speak better of police but the bigger affiliation means more. Just like everyone knows Marano is the worst thing for Broward County, you are still here.

Lets face it Marano, you have violated peoples civil rights and have been fined for it. You have been linked to the Hollywood Madam and she passed a lie detector test telling law enforcement you got discounts in the whore house. You have failed to pay money to family members who have passed away.

The main problem with the PBA is that you never listen to anyone. You are here to suck the money from real cops. As president of the Broward PBA, why do you continue to pay Brickman $19,000 a year. He has not been in control of the PBA for a decade. That means he has collected almost 200K of our dues money and he is not even with us anymore. What a scam !!! And yes, your boat slip and golf membership that you thought nobody knew about. Marano will forever be known as the President of the PBA who steered the ship into the rocks and sank it.

Unregistered
    Marano, you are a fool. You come here and talk about relationships? What about your relationship with the Broward Lieutenants before they left the PBA too? When Lt Morse thought it was wrong that you personally endorsed Jim Fondo for sheriff without asking a soul, he questioned you. What was your move? Oh yeah, you had Sean Casey sign a criminal complaint that the PBA wrote trying to get him arrested for sending an email opposing you to his fellow lieutenants. Yup, that is the PBA for you. If you don't agree with us, we slander you, call you a rat and try and get you arrested.

Unregistered
    I briefly spoke with the IUPA people at our gates. I thought all Unions were the same but the differences are seeming pretty obvious. I been a PBA member for 4 years. Why is it that I now know the IUPA staff by name and face, but I couldn't tell you what Broward PBA board looks like? I think it's worth a shot. From what I hear, it seems to be working well for BSO. If they can manage that then our dept. should be a breeze. If anyone can tell me a realistic reason, not crap-talking, why PBA is better, then I am all ears. I just don't see it. Is Marano really getting a salary from dues?? Does anyone have anything to back that up? Does IUPA do that? Can we vote for our own board? And is it true we get to choose endorsements?? Almost seems too good to be true. Do we see this in writing?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I briefly spoke with the IUPA people at our gates. I thought all Unions were the same but the differences are seeming pretty obvious. I been a PBA member for 4 years. Why is it that I now know the IUPA staff by name and face, but I couldn't tell you what Broward PBA board looks like? I think it's worth a shot. From what I hear, it seems to be working well for BSO. If they can manage that then our dept. should be a breeze. If anyone can tell me a realistic reason, not crap-talking, why PBA is better, then I am all ears. I just don't see it. Is Marano really getting a salary from dues?? Does anyone have anything to back that up? Does IUPA do that? Can we vote for our own board? And is it true we get to choose endorsements?? Almost seems too good to be true. Do we see this in writing?
    Yes, Marano is getting $54,000 from the Broward PBA and another $18,000 from the State PBA. Can easily be verified. The people who run IUPA at BSO do not get paid by the local or the International office. Your local means you vote for your leaders. You fall under the International Union charter but each local controls their own destiny. BSO has it set up where members get to vote on who to give the endorsements to. The membership decides, not the executive board. Just ask an IUPA member at BSO or email the organizer that was at the gate. jedmiston@iupa.org

Unregistered
    Yes, Marano is getting $54,000 from the Broward PBA and another $18,000 from the State PBA. Can easily be verified. The people who run IUPA at BSO do not get paid by the local or the International office. Your local means you vote for your leaders. You fall under the International Union charter but each local controls their own destiny. BSO has it set up where members get to vote on who to give the endorsements to. The membership decides, not the executive board. Just ask an IUPA member at BSO or email the organizer that was at the gate. jedmiston@iupa.org
    Marano is the head of an entity with a million dollar budget. Show me a million dollar budget business (every one of these Unions are a businesses) where the CO is drawing a salary lower than that. They don't exist.

Are you really telling me that Bell is running the entirety of IUPA's BSO chapter out of the goodness of his own heart? Is he also taking all the BSO IUPA Reps to Capital Grille next month on his dime? Or are the BSO members paying for that?

Unregistered
    Marano is the head of an entity with a million dollar budget. Show me a million dollar budget business (every one of these Unions are a businesses) where the CO is drawing a salary lower than that. They don't exist.

Are you really telling me that Bell is running the entirety of IUPA's BSO chapter out of the goodness of his own heart? Is he also taking all the BSO IUPA Reps to Capital Grille next month on his dime? Or are the BSO members paying for that?
    Confirmed. Yes, the IUPA president at BSO does not receive any money from IUPA. Marano wishes he ran a million dollar budget. The PBA collected less than 700K in dues last year. Also confirmed, The BSO local took their reps to dinner 6 months ago and not next month. Reps at IUZpA do not get paid and do not receive free membership like the PBA reps. BSO had a corporate sponsor pay for the dinner and ZERO dues were spent. No local chapter of IUPA even collects dues. Nice try Marano. Maybe the Hollywood madam has you to busy again.

Unregistered
    We already know that it's Marano posting all the PBA kook aid on this post. Bottom line is this guys. Marano is correct in one aspect. ALL unions provide a basic level of service with representation. So what makes IUPA different than the Broward PBA? Simple, you form your own local chapter where you have your own executive board with IUPA or fall under the PBA executive board if you stay. Have open elections with IUPA where every member gets to vote for the president, Vice President and secretary or allow the PBA to chose who runs the union. Endorse who you want with IUPA or endorse who the PBA tells you to. Have a cop with NO legal experience in labor law negotiate your contract or have a labor attorney negotiate. Who in your dept or from The PBA executive board has experience with contracts worth tens of millions of dollars? You pay for a service with your dues, expect the service you pay for.

Unregistered
    This last post makes a good point. Why do we have cops doing the negotiating? When athletes hire agents, it's the experienced agents that handle the negotiations, not the athletes. This is stupid.

Unregistered
    Not only that but how can a cop negotiate a contract knowing that his / her adversary is the one who can transfer them or give them a cake position. You must make it so the parties involved have nothing to gain

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12