New Chief - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Chief

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Here's the issue, which include the same issues for 5, 10, 15, 20 plus years, the turn over rate of the Chief's position. They all get hired, travel around the state to include Hartman (good person), gathering up info and then returns to Tally. Never see them again. They promise or imply changes will be coming. Policies will be revised/improved-NOT YET, better equipment- NOT YET, better/ improved training-NOT YET, uniforms improved- NOT YET, and etc. Then you have the ABT attorney who has his month legal meetings that last a whole 15 seconds, if that. Waste----then you have civilian oversight, not a good thing, mix that with egos among the rank n file. Just another day in paradise. Working towards retirement.
    Nailed it!

Unregistered
    Here's the issue, which include the same issues for 5, 10, 15, 20 plus years, the turn over rate of the Chief's position. They all get hired, travel around the state to include Hartman (good person), gathering up info and then returns to Tally. Never see them again. They promise or imply changes will be coming. Policies will be revised/improved-NOT YET, better equipment- NOT YET, better/ improved training-NOT YET, uniforms improved- NOT YET, and etc. Then you have the ABT attorney who has his month legal meetings that last a whole 15 seconds, if that. Waste----then you have civilian oversight, not a good thing, mix that with egos among the rank n file. Just another day in paradise. Working towards retirement.
    Like I have said before... keep your eye on the prize. Status quo is best for this agency. If we try to change too much it usually takes our agency down a dark path. Now that we have a new Chief, we need to hope he doesn't try to do what other Chiefs have done in the past. Basically, tinkering too much. Sure, make a few changes, but stop trying to put your own stamp on things just so you can say you did it "your way". Don't be hero. We don't need that in a Chief. We need one that is fair, consistent, and realizes what we are as an agency.

Unregistered
    How about mandatory work schedules every thursday and Friday to work late nights and no more surveys at 10am. How productive is it to have a 16 year old who looks 12 try to buy booze at 10am.

Unregistered

Let The Wind Chase You

I see only great things for us. We have the trifecta of management - Great Director - Great Deputy - Great Chief
    It has been many years since the stars have aligned like this. Our Mission is solid. I have never been more proud to be here. My advice to all - Let The Wind Chase You.

Unregistered
    How about mandatory work schedules every thursday and Friday to work late nights and no more surveys at 10am. How productive is it to have a 16 year old who looks 12 try to buy booze at 10am.
    Really? You want a policy or procedure to explain to agents when to work and specifically, when to conduct compliance checks? I would say that particular issue could be handled by a LT with a 30 second "intervention" One of the biggest issues in the agency is statewide whippings to deal with a very local issue. The logic that "if they are doing it here they are doing it everywhere" means supervision is lazy and week. That happens at the lowest level - sergeants. We call sergeants lieutenants here.

Unregistered
    Really? You want a policy or procedure to explain to agents when to work and specifically, when to conduct compliance checks? I would say that particular issue could be handled by a LT with a 30 second "intervention" One of the biggest issues in the agency is statewide whippings to deal with a very local issue. The logic that "if they are doing it here they are doing it everywhere" means supervision is lazy and week. That happens at the lowest level - sergeants. We call sergeants lieutenants here.
    Should have been weak not week but maybe the point was made.

Unregistered
    If the only time you do surveys is at 11 in the morning then yes I see that as a problem. For instance, our office does surveys at all times during the day... Sometimes morning, sometimes afternoon, sometimes at night. However, I will caution you before you run your mouth too much, show me the policy that says you can't do it at 11 in the morning. Tell me why that place or that server doesn't need to get surveyed as well as the person at night. I've gone out at 11 in the morning with a 16 year old kid that looks his age and made 3 arrests out of 12. I've gone out at night with a 19 year old kid that looks closer to probably 25 and got goosed. And all of that is not while following the kid in and riding his tail, which is the biggest problem I see from some people.

I get it though. You're one of those supervisors or agents that thinks we need to work nights just for the sake of working nights. And that's fine too... the world needs micromanagers.

Oldguy
    I have been gone awhile, who got the job?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12