More Troopers leaving Pensacola - Page 2
Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Pensacola is in serious trouble. 18 troopers can't cover 4 counties.

Were covering three counties with five.

Unregistered

The only easy day was yesterday!!!

Folks, it's only gonna get worse. I've been around this agency for a long time and in many different areas of Florida and never have I seen it this bad. I made my bed a long time ago and in for retirement, but I should have left in the beginning, I know.
    The Captain here is off his rocker and his ego can't be contained. He is embarking on a hostile work environment and cannot stop berating Trooper, Corporals, and Sergeants. Even the Major is inept and can't or won't correct the problem. If this was a corporation they would all have been fired.
    Now we're going to a 12 hr shift and are lied to about how many recruits we're gonna see.
    Boys and girls...take it from someone who has been down the road, get out while you can, don't look back, and if you think it's gonna get better, it won't, the only easy day was yesterday!!!

Unregistered
    It's sad to see Pensacola go down hill, it use to be a good place to work. The next wave of troopers that leave Pensacola will devastate the district.

Unregistered

Pensacola Captain

Folks, it's only gonna get worse. I've been around this agency for a long time and in many different areas of Florida and never have I seen it this bad. I made my bed a long time ago and in for retirement, but I should have left in the beginning, I know.
    The Captain here is off his rocker and his ego can't be contained. He is embarking on a hostile work environment and cannot stop berating Trooper, Corporals, and Sergeants. Even the Major is inept and can't or won't correct the problem. If this was a corporation they would all have been fired.
    Now we're going to a 12 hr shift and are lied to about how many recruits we're gonna see.
    Boys and girls...take it from someone who has been down the road, get out while you can, don't look back, and if you think it's gonna get better, it won't, the only easy day was yesterday!!!
    The people of Washington County knew exactly what kind of leader he would be and handed him his walking papers at the ballot box when he attempted to run for Sheriff. What does the Patrol do, strokes his bruised ego and promotes him instead of dealing with his underlying issues and now we are losing troopers we can't afford to lose, just so he can bask in his own glory. It's gonna be hard working 4 counties by himself.......................

Unregistered
    The Eddie Johnson effect is in full swing, every duty station Eddie Johnson was in charge of has crashed and burned when he left. This is verifiable if you go back and look at the duty assignments Eddie Johnson had, each one had to be rebuilt after he left and goes through years of devastation before things start to get turned around.

Unregistered
    johnson is much less to blame than his successor for the problems in A.

Unregistered
    johnson is much less to blame than his successor for the problems in A.
    Wrong, every place Eddie Johnson was a supervisor crashed and burned when he left, that is the mark of a failure in a supervisor. Those who go in after he leaves are left with huge messes to clean up and it takes several years to clean up the messes he leaves behind.

He left a mess in Tampa, he left a mess in Ft. Myers and he left yet another mess in Troop A. It took a few years to clean up his mess in Tampa, Ft. Myers is still a disaster and Troop A is a troop wide disaster. FHP is much better off now that he has retired and can't leave any more messes for others to clean up.

Unregistered
    The Eddie Johnson effect is in full swing, every duty station Eddie Johnson was in charge of has crashed and burned when he left. This is verifiable if you go back and look at the duty assignments Eddie Johnson had, each one had to be rebuilt after he left and goes through years of devastation before things start to get turned around.
    Let's see. Staffing and manpower issues 3.5 years after Johnson retires are his fault? And this captain in Pensacola everyone hates was a Sgt. at the academy while Johnson was still in Troop A. Ya, sounds like the demise of Troop A and the Florida Highway Patrol are definitely Johnson's fault. Maybe poor pay and poor working conditions have a direct correlation on the lack of manpower in Pensacola, not a guy that retired 3.5 years ago? Never worked for him, but have worked with plenty of people that have and none of them mentioned anything negative about him.

Unregistered
    Let's see. Staffing and manpower issues 3.5 years after Johnson retires are his fault? And this captain in Pensacola everyone hates was a Sgt. at the academy while Johnson was still in Troop A. Ya, sounds like the demise of Troop A and the Florida Highway Patrol are definitely Johnson's fault. Maybe poor pay and poor working conditions have a direct correlation on the lack of manpower in Pensacola, not a guy that retired 3.5 years ago? Never worked for him, but have worked with plenty of people that have and none of them mentioned anything negative about him.
    There are plenty of people with bad things to say about Eddie Johnson, he has a history of going after people on their work history for promotion yet their evaluations reflected the exact opposite of what Eddie Johnson would have the supervisor state in the work history.

I know of a case where the sergeant refused to issue the work history because it was a lie, I also know work histories have been sent back to Eddie Johnson's district because they did not match the yearly evaluations.

Yeah Eddie Johnson was a real stand up guy as long as you never turned you back on him or you would feel the knife go in.

Eddie Johnson was also famous for talking about people behind their backs including brass in Tallahassee.

FHP is far better off without Eddie Johnson infecting the department.

Unregistered
    same thing can be said for Grady Carrick and David Kelly

Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast