+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 123
 
  1. #31
    Unregistered
    Guest
    This must be why a crash was called in on the interstate at about 1700 and it was holding until midnights came out

  2. #32
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    No one has fled Pensacola period... The fault lies in lack of recruits from northwest Florida.

    Like a broken record we have asked over and over to move the psychological testing from Miami. No one listens, Julie Jones said she would look into this and nothing happened. A person in northwest Florida can't take three days off during the week to drive to Miami take a test (two days travel an one day for a test) that's unrealistic to ask of someone with no job or a person who simply cant take off from his current job.
    I guarantee you this is part of the problem as it relates to staffing this Troop (and maybe in general). I lived in the panhandle when I applied to FHP, and I couldn't believe I had to drive all the way to Miami for the psych eval (11 hours each way). FHP does PATs and polygraphs at multiple locations - why not the psych eval at multiple locations? It doesn't have to be everywhere. Hell, even just adding Tallahasse and/or Orlando to the list of sites would make a difference. If FHP is stuck on only using one contractor for all of their psych evals, why does it have to be in Miami...? Why not Orlando, or Jacksonville, or any place more central than @#$%ing Miami.

    That drive gave me lots of time to evaluate whether FHP was practical and/or efficient. Thank you, FHP - I know I'm happier at a SO than I would have been there.

  3. #33
    Unregistered
    Guest
    It's all about the money. The miami contractor is way cheaper and since FHP is a revolving door due to its CRAP PAY... well.. there you have it!

  4. #34
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I guarantee you this is part of the problem as it relates to staffing this Troop (and maybe in general). I lived in the panhandle when I applied to FHP, and I couldn't believe I had to drive all the way to Miami for the psych eval (11 hours each way). FHP does PATs and polygraphs at multiple locations - why not the psych eval at multiple locations? It doesn't have to be everywhere. Hell, even just adding Tallahasse and/or Orlando to the list of sites would make a difference. If FHP is stuck on only using one contractor for all of their psych evals, why does it have to be in Miami...? Why not Orlando, or Jacksonville, or any place more central than @#$%ing Miami.

    That drive gave me lots of time to evaluate whether FHP was practical and/or efficient. Thank you, FHP - I know I'm happier at a SO than I would have been there.
    If you're so happy at the SO, why are ya coming back in here? 😂

  5. #35
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Because FHP is like a train wreck....you just can't not look....Iv'e been retired a couple of years now and I can't help myself either...

  6. #36
    Unregistered
    Guest
    its all good guys. they pressure washed the station a while ago. stop filling out job applications.

  7. #37
    Unregistered
    Guest

    Troop A

    Where is the precious "Master" Corporal that just got booted out of the academy? When her old man isn't around (literally, old man) she out milking the system herself. No wonder FHP is such a joke. The amount of fraud this agency promotes and supports is the reason I quit.

  8. #38
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Because FHP is like a train wreck....you just can't not look....Iv'e been retired a couple of years now and I can't help myself either...
    How much is your monthly retirement check after taxes?

  9. #39
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    How much is your monthly retirement check after taxes?
    Mine as of July 2017 is now 4604.86 after taxes and 5702.41 before taxes and no I was never a lieutenant or above.

    Before taxes 5702.41 x 12 = 68,428.92

    After taxes 4604.86 x 12 = 55,258.32

    Life is good.

  10. #40
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Mine as of July 2017 is now 4604.86 after taxes and 5702.41 before taxes and no I was never a lieutenant or above.

    Before taxes 5702.41 x 12 = 68,428.92

    After taxes 4604.86 x 12 = 55,258.32

    Life is good.
    You got that retirement from FHP? That kind of retirement pay is common for SOs and PDs, but for FHP too? You were not a trooper -- correct?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •