MDPD Academy - Page 7
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: MDPD Academy

Unregistered

Haley cine s

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Dude you asking too many questions. Just wait and you'll see how the academy is. No worries if you don't pass something you'll be recycled onto the future class. Relax my buddy just passes everything and he's the dumbest person I know.
    I think there's multiple people asking questions. Anyway, good to know your buddy passed, congrats to you guys for him passing. It was pretty funny when you said "he's the dumbest person I know"

Unregistered
    I think there's multiple people asking questions. Anyway, good to know your buddy passed, congrats to you guys for him passing. It was pretty funny when you said "he's the dumbest person I know"
    All of his other friends are Mensa members.

Unregistered
    The only benefit of working at "The Academy" was to sample the new female recruits before they hit the road and the FTO's got a hold on them. Had to be careful with the carpet munchers though.

Unregistered
    How many tests do you have to take at the academy?
    Are they open book?
    Como que open book animal! Another GED recipient hired by the county.

Unregistered
    Negative. Not open book. You also need to know all your police codes by the end of the first week, so Google and find them!

Unregistered
    Negative. Not open book. You also need to know all your police codes by the end of the first week, so Google and find them!
    more like the by the 3rd day the Q codes...and loved how people pretended not to know how to swim at the pool..going on first lane and using doggie paddle boards..lmao.. the last day of swimming in the side pool the swim instructors throwing the DUMMY at the bottom and you have to free dive to go get it except the ones that pretended not to know how to swim..actually one of the instuctors threw someones beeper in the pool and TRAINEE so and so had to get it..lmao and a long ass MEMO to boot...i miss my academy days over 20 years ago... BLE 18 something : )

Unregistered
    more like the by the 3rd day the Q codes...and loved how people pretended not to know how to swim at the pool..going on first lane and using doggie paddle boards..lmao.. the last day of swimming in the side pool the swim instructors throwing the DUMMY at the bottom and you have to free dive to go get it except the ones that pretended not to know how to swim..actually one of the instuctors threw someones beeper in the pool and TRAINEE so and so had to get it..lmao and a long ass MEMO to boot...i miss my academy days over 20 years ago... BLE 18 something : )

They don't even yell anymore at the academy, everyone passes "magically" and state exam they will give you 4,000 tries and/or recycle you. No one fails, the worst they can get is recycled.

Unregistered
    August 3rd BLE116 will graduate! Congratulations to everyone the entire class passed!

Unregistered
    They don't even care if you use social media while in the academy... at the city of Miami they make you mute it. Here I seen trainees take pictures and post it online while in the academy. What a joke.

Unregistered
    They don't even yell anymore at the academy, everyone passes "magically" and state exam they will give you 4,000 tries and/or recycle you. No one fails, the worst they can get is recycled.
    that is very comforting for you to advise me of this.. but, i went through the academy more that 20 years ago...yes, for miami-dade police... i was just bringing it up on how it used to be.. if, you were to read my posts from before.. just like if you fail any 2 tests you would be 07ed and not recycled .. and when i took the state exam it was 5 different parts and not like now a days one whole score now .. i went through the academy 1996/97.. BLE 18 something..1995 was the first year of the state exam.. anyone hired before that all you had to do is just pass the academy and you were certified.. and yes they dont yell as much as before for reasons i will not disclose.. its been like this since 2004ish.. and miami-dade police pulled out of miami-dade college north back in 1999 because it was more cost effective for the county ..in which they started using MPI class numbers..and by the way i loved my PT and DT number... #33.. lol...but, what do i know..im a dinosaur

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast