MDPD Academy - Page 6
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: MDPD Academy

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    WOW! You were in a BLE class! The knowledge you must have is staggering. Maybe you can put it all in a book so we can all benefit. I believe I would much rather get info about the academy from someone who recently went through it. It boggles my mind when rude, know it all types like yourself are still going call to call and complain about others who advance while you go 09/QSK. Get used to it, you will be doing it for the rest of your pitiful career.
    blah blah blah.. another resentful employee perhaps?? look over your shoulder you never know who you work with unless your on constant 12's ..lol.. perhaps a subordinate??? so, on this narative if you are an employee the B.I. that did your file should be recycled..but, i understand that some people get through the cracks... 09 qsk? as you would say

Unregistered
    I agree with BLE, just experience the academy first hand already. The replies on this thread have given you a very good idea of what to expect. On another note, I hope the academy helps you with your attitude. You haven't even made it out of blue shirt and you got sh*t to say. You get to question BLE's insight and experience when you have 20+ years on with the dept. Until then, STFU!
    thank you sir/ma'am

Unregistered

Taser

Thinking about Miami for an agency. Do you guys have taser training? What was that like?

Unregistered
    Thinking about Miami for an agency. Do you guys have taser training? What was that like?
    What Miami agency? Stay away from City of Miami unless you're part of the Family and Friends.

Unregistered
    What Miami agency? Stay away from City of Miami unless you're part of the Family and Friends.
    Miami dade

Unregistered
    WOW! You were in a BLE class! The knowledge you must have is staggering. Maybe you can put it all in a book so we can all benefit. I believe I would much rather get info about the academy from someone who recently went through it. It boggles my mind when rude, know it all types like yourself are still going call to call and complain about others who advance while you go 09/QSK. Get used to it, you will be doing it for the rest of your pitiful career.
    What was taser training like?

Unregistered

Angry

Oh yea, and we are different. . . . . . . .where do you get your crack? ? ? ?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by unregistered View Post
    what was taser training like?
    s h o c k i n g

Unregistered
    There are a bunch of idiots on here with their two cents and no one answered the question.

The academy for me started at 0700, although you have to arrive at 0630 or you're late. PT for some will start around 0715 and end around 0820. Then you hit the showers and be dressed and in class by 0850. Classroom and lectures until around 1200 and then lunch break. Bring your food because you cannot go out, although there might be days when they let you go out to lunch, but not at first. They day ended for me at 1600, although lately I've heard it's a longer day now, like 1700, not sure. PT is a lot of push-ups, sit-ups, running on the track etc.

And do not speed on the way out because Doral PD loves to write tickets, and if you tell them you're in the academy they'll write 2 tickets.
    How many tests do you have to take at the academy?
    Are they open book?

Unregistered
    How many tests do you have to take at the academy?
    Are they open book?
    Dude you asking too many questions. Just wait and you'll see how the academy is. No worries if you don't pass something you'll be recycled onto the future class. Relax my buddy just passes everything and he's the dumbest person I know.

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast