MDPD Academy - Page 3
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: MDPD Academy

Unregistered

PT

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Have you seen all the fat people graduating the academy lately? Compare them with Miami Police. I have yet to see a fat trainee graduate the academy from Miami PD. Miami Dade PT is tough, but it doesn't last more than 2 months... trust me my friend ate junk food everyday after the academy and that person still fat and done with the academy.
    Ok sounds like you know what you're talking about. When you say tough I'm assuming you mean it's challenging but is the PT unbearable or grueling? How long do they PT each day for the first 2 months?

Unregistered
    When you say it's easy now a days, what do you mean? The PT isn't difficult? And if not then what kind of PT is there?
    meaning that the training adviser's dont scream and yell as much as they used too..im talking 2 inches from your face every day for about the first 3 month's...some people break under that stress and take it personal and sometimes quit and think the jobs not for them

Unregistered
    meaning that the training adviser's dont scream and yell as much as they used too..im talking 2 inches from your face every day for about the first 3 month's...some people break under that stress and take it personal and sometimes quit and think the jobs not for them
    Ok thanks for the detailed response on that part? So the only real hard part about the PT is that some people can't take the screaming in your face while doing the PT, rather than the actually physicality of the PT being unbearable, am I somewhat correct?

Unregistered
    Ok thanks for the detailed response on that part? So the only real hard part about the PT is that some people can't take the screaming in your face while doing the PT, rather than the actually physicality of the PT being unbearable, am I somewhat correct?
    Look man it seems like you're too worried about PAT in the academy... I'll tell you like this from a friend currently in the academy.

First 3 months the PAT will have you working out under the hot ass sun, non-stop push-ups, sit-ups, and running. I heard fire rescue going there a few times to care for a few unshaped trainees. One quit not because he wanted too, but some physical thing he had he couldn't go anymore his law enforcement career is over. I'm surprised they didn't discover that on his medical comes to show you not every test they do on you in perfect and 100% true. Just be semi-fit keep working out do a lot of stairs and drink plenty of fluids. Stay away from alcohol and smoking and you'll be alright. If you're still worried then maybe law enforcement isn't for you.

Unregistered
    I wonder how many of those going through the academy these days would have made it in the late seventies and early eightys. In those days the academy lasted 19 weeks and was held at Miami-Dade College North Campus. You were called every name in the book and they looked for every opportunity to get rid of you. I am thankfull to those TA's for getting us ready to what we eventually faced on the streets. No matter how rough those TAs were they had the best interest in mind to turn us into a good cops.

Unregistered
    I wonder how many of those going through the academy these days would have made it in the late seventies and early eightys. In those days the academy lasted 19 weeks and was held at Miami-Dade College North Campus. You were called every name in the book and they looked for every opportunity to get rid of you. I am thankfull to those TA's for getting us ready to what we eventually faced on the streets. No matter how rough those TAs were they had the best interest in mind to turn us into a good cops.
    Just curious, how good is backup at this dept currently.

Unregistered
    Just curious, how good is backup at this dept currently.
    Non existent. You don't request a 15, you'll be on your own.

Unregistered
    There are a bunch of idiots on here with their two cents and no one answered the question.

The academy for me started at 0700, although you have to arrive at 0630 or you're late. PT for some will start around 0715 and end around 0820. Then you hit the showers and be dressed and in class by 0850. Classroom and lectures until around 1200 and then lunch break. Bring your food because you cannot go out, although there might be days when they let you go out to lunch, but not at first. They day ended for me at 1600, although lately I've heard it's a longer day now, like 1700, not sure. PT is a lot of push-ups, sit-ups, running on the track etc.

And do not speed on the way out because Doral PD loves to write tickets, and if you tell them you're in the academy they'll write 2 tickets.

Unregistered

Smile

There are a bunch of idiots on here with their two cents and no one answered the question.

The academy for me started at 0700, although you have to arrive at 0630 or you're late. PT for some will start around 0715 and end around 0820. Then you hit the showers and be dressed and in class by 0850. Classroom and lectures until around 1200 and then lunch break. Bring your food because you cannot go out, although there might be days when they let you go out to lunch, but not at first. They day ended for me at 1600, although lately I've heard it's a longer day now, like 1700, not sure. PT is a lot of push-ups, sit-ups, running on the track etc.

And do not speed on the way out because Doral PD loves to write tickets, and if you tell them you're in the academy they'll write 2 tickets.
    Lmao, did you also mention yet more pushups for break time? Especially if any of your classmates like to nod off during those exciting lectures! The right mind set will carry you easily through the academy. Have fun!

Unregistered
    Non existent. You don't request a 15, you'll be on your own.
    Thank you for your response. I should have been more specific, which is my fault. I was interested more in back up response time. However I do see that MDPD does have 2 sometimes 3 cars helping on a traffic stop so I assume back up does exist at some point, I was just curious about how good response time is for backup in general.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast