MDPD Academy - Page 2
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: MDPD Academy

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    2 hours of pt in am. then classroom or dt instruction for the rest of the day for the next 8 months.
    Thank you sir. I do appreciate the specific response. What kind of PT? Is it grueling? I haven't been in active duty in a while and my current regiment is running on treadmill, basketball, strength training and jogging on pavement.

Unregistered
    Thank you sir. I do appreciate the specific response. What kind of PT? Is it grueling? I haven't been in active duty in a while and my current regiment is running on treadmill, basketball, strength training and jogging on pavement.
    Have you been selected for the upcoming academy?

Unregistered
    you should be okay

Unregistered
    I see reading comprehension isn't your strong suit because that wasn't my implication, my implication was that in and of itself the academy is something that has to be experienced by oneself
    That wasn't me who replied. It was someone else trying to give me their own insight.

Unregistered
    2 hours of pt in am. then classroom or dt instruction for the rest of the day for the next 8 months.

Is the PT grueling with people passing out and almost unbearable?

Unregistered
    Is the PT grueling with people passing out and almost unbearable?
    You will have people passing out cause they are 50 pounds over weight due to our highering practices

Unregistered
    You will have people passing out cause they are 50 pounds over weight due to our highering practices
    Ok makes sense. I appreciate the response. Which type of exercises will they have us perform so I can prepare for it? Is it grueling a decently in shape guy who exercises 5 days a week?

Unregistered
    Have you seen all the fat people graduating the academy lately? Compare them with Miami Police. I have yet to see a fat trainee graduate the academy from Miami PD. Miami Dade PT is tough, but it doesn't last more than 2 months... trust me my friend ate junk food everyday after the academy and that person still fat and done with the academy.

Unregistered
    What's a standard day in the academy like for MDPD?
    put it this way they have it easy now a days... when i went through the academy over 20 years ago.. lets just say BLE 18 something... the first day the 2 training advisors came into our class room (training bureau) and started yelling at all of us to go outside and get into formation.. stand at attention from 8:10 am till 10:30 am in the heat while yelling in our faces and doing unlimited amount of push ups..then had lunch at the chickee hut from 12 pm to 1 pm..and 1pm to 2:30 pm the T.A.'s handing out our state objectives and SOP books.. 2:30-5 pm another round of them yelling and screaming ..push ups and flutter kicks..lol... first 2 weeks at training bureau of this screaming and swimming at the pool.. and then whoever survived the stress test was send to MIAMI dade college north campus for 6 months for legal,ips,first responder,firearms training (training bureau range) defensive tactics,road procedures (car skid pad),physical training) and so on.. after that sent us to a district for writing assignment (3 weeks) also,taking the state exam to be certified.. then we go back to training bureau to do scenario training for 1 1/2 MONTHS..the final long ass run at key biscayne 5 miles..and lastly graduation..in total the academy was a little over 8 months.. now there is a heck of alot less screaming..for reasons i will not disclose...oh yeah, get ready for alot of writing!! memos..lmao..the best T.A.'s officer holtz, off.Dwyer, off.kelley..sgt.gregorich...LT. rasmussen..again, that how it used to be..today they will not send you to MDC north for the academy it's totally done all at the training bureau..and when your done doing push up's dont get up and brush off your hands.. what you do is trainee so and so permission to recover sir or maam..and if you dont do that you will dropped again to do more...good luck to all that selected to this great department.. regards, the dinosaur

Unregistered
    put it this way they have it easy now a days... when i went through the academy over 20 years ago.. lets just say BLE 18 something... the first day the 2 training advisors came into our class room (training bureau) and started yelling at all of us to go outside and get into formation.. stand at attention from 8:10 am till 10:30 am in the heat while yelling in our faces and doing unlimited amount of push ups..then had lunch at the chickee hut from 12 pm to 1 pm..and 1pm to 2:30 pm the T.A.'s handing out our state objectives and SOP books.. 2:30-5 pm another round of them yelling and screaming ..push ups and flutter kicks..lol... first 2 weeks at training bureau of this screaming and swimming at the pool.. and then whoever survived the stress test was send to MIAMI dade college north campus for 6 months for legal,ips,first responder,firearms training (training bureau range) defensive tactics,road procedures (car skid pad),physical training) and so on.. after that sent us to a district for writing assignment (3 weeks) also,taking the state exam to be certified.. then we go back to training bureau to do scenario training for 1 1/2 MONTHS..the final long ass run at key biscayne 5 miles..and lastly graduation..in total the academy was a little over 8 months.. now there is a heck of alot less screaming..for reasons i will not disclose...oh yeah, get ready for alot of writing!! memos..lmao..the best T.A.'s officer holtz, off.Dwyer, off.kelley..sgt.gregorich...LT. rasmussen..again, that how it used to be..today they will not send you to MDC north for the academy it's totally done all at the training bureau..and when your done doing push up's dont get up and brush off your hands.. what you do is trainee so and so permission to recover sir or maam..and if you dont do that you will dropped again to do more...good luck to all that selected to this great department.. regards, the dinosaur
    When you say it's easy now a days, what do you mean? The PT isn't difficult? And if not then what kind of PT is there?

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast