MDPD Academy - Page 16
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: MDPD Academy

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    who's we??? im 6'3 and 195lbs.. and didn't graduate fat in my BLE class nor am i now 21 years later and same for my sister graduated 9 years ago ..didn't see many FAT people in her MPI class as you say...this is what i don't get ..people (43's) come on here talking trash about people of this great department on here but, at the same time don't mind collecting a check from the county..SMH.. hey, playboy.. if your so physically inclined and like to put down people whether they are fat (as you say) then meet me at the training bureau and can have a nice little race ..your choice 1 1/2 miles or 100 yard dash..ill let you choose.. and im 46 years old ..let's see who's fat and old??? again, if you have nothing good to say then stay off this site or go to another department because we don't need any DEBBIE DOWNERS or SAMMY SOUR... 09-QSK?

I heard now that the fitness ramped up somewhat on the front end, that trainees were starting to fail early on exams and losing guys to the hospital.

We do need guys in pretty good shape on the road but practically we need them to pass training because we are short on the road and when we need an urgent 15 we can't wait 5 to 10 minutes for that.

Of course don't let them play basketball and eat donuts but don't destroy them to the point to where we are getting less guys on the road, less guys who are apt to pass training. Plus guys going into hospital that's a huge liability.

As for the guy who mentioned hydration. I'm sure you'll get your chance to hydrate, anything that's liability related we want to be by the book on.

Unregistered

Training

I heard now that the fitness ramped up somewhat on the front end, that trainees were starting to fail early on exams and losing guys to the hospital.

We do need guys in pretty good shape on the road but practically we need them to pass training because we are short on the road and when we need an urgent 15 we can't wait 5 to 10 minutes for that.

Of course don't let them play basketball and eat donuts but don't destroy them to the point to where we are getting less guys on the road, less guys who are apt to pass training. Plus guys going into hospital that's a huge liability.

As for the guy who mentioned hydration. I'm sure you'll get your chance to hydrate, anything that's liability related we want to be by the book on.

Honestly man if u think about it in the U.S. Marine Corps they gradually build people up and tell them "WE WILL NOT LET YOU QUIT"............ so basically what happens is u have guys who have been encouraged and grown, level after level after level with the idea to never ever quit............ whether told to or not a recruit whether a police recruit or a Marine Corps recruit can always tell if they are being trained to quit......... the last thing u want is if u have to staff cops who will never quit is to train them to quit......... even in the Marines, the first sessions build you up with the MOST yelling, MOST MICROMANAGED ATTENTION TO DETAIL, MOST IN YOUR FACE "DO IT HOW I TELL YOU!" ,BUT when it comes to PT...............

How do the Marines do it? They start with the baby steps of physical fitness... why? To build up a U.S. Marines confidence, step by step, level after level minute after minute, hour after hour, day after day, week after week....... a Marine not only is never encouraged to quit(whether by sense, verbal, criteria or curriculum) but they are encouraged in EVERY sense that their DI(drill instructor) says to them "I WILL NOT LET YOU QUIT" "I WILL MAKE YOU A MARINE IF IT'S THE LAST DAMN THING ON EARTH I DO".... this is what police depts are missing across the country, especially with these millenials... and I think police depts across the country need to adapt the U.S. Marine Corps style of training, but gradually growing a young recruit into a fearless, tactical, smart and intelligent tactician to protect and serve.

There are so many YouTube training videos of police depts showing how they destroy recruits right when they show up, and they are either insinuating them to quit by forcing so much physical activity on them upfront or they are verbally telling them if they want to quit. It is the EXACT OPPOSITE way a Marine is built, and Marines NEVER quit. The several departments I've seen that have done this, are in the top 20% of highest rates for an officer to quit within 1 year of joining the force.

It's not just about tearing down recruits, their bodies and potentially their organs right when they show up(even though I heard that isn't done at MDPD, which is a good first step)

The reality behind it is this, are you trying to get guys to quit to find a diamond in the rough, or are you going to make EVERYONE a diamond in the rough. The following is the best examples of MCRD or Parris Island and how they build Marines who will NEVER QUIT:

Phase 1:
    - Highest amount of command voice infliction(yelling) to establish authority, micromanaging in your face every attention to detail, scaring the fear out of recruits and placing your authority by being FIRM, but FAIR.
    - Your head is shaven, your belongings are set/aside as you do not have access to them.
    - Contact between DI's(drill instructors) and recruits is at an all time high for every minor detail from uniform appearance, to being clean shaven, and standing in formation
    - PT(Physical Training) - this starts off gradually, to build up everyone, Marine Corps Drill Instructors understand not everyone is a superhero and they will not destroy you upon arrival day after day, because that will bring physical failure upon the body, the Marines do NOT believer in failure on any level and are very tactically sound

Phase 2:
    - Command voice infliction remains the same, but "yellilng" is used less of the time without sacrificing firmness and authority, micromanaging details is let go to a decent degree to observe how recruits have adapted to criteria learned
    - Contact between DI's and recruits is still very common, but important details are now being given to "squad leaders"(leaders selected by DI's who are also recruits) to hand down to the rest of the Marine platoon
    - PT(Physical Training) - PT will be ramped up a bit as recruits are starting to grow to another level closer to the standard of the U.S. Marine

Phase 3:
    - Contact between DI's and recruits is present but the Marine platoon is now given out directives and must display teamwork, cohesiveness while the squad leaders are growing in leadership positions
    - PT(Physical Training) - is at the higher level, again rather than tearing down the physical bodies of human beings, Marines have found the PERFECT FORMULA to build a physical body. At this point Marines are closely adapted to the highest trained endurance level for any tactician in the United States for service: endurance, quickness, muscle responsiveness and strength. The Marine body is usually very very lean, but extremely strong and ready to endure. This is because everything from the CNS(central nervous system) to each and every organ has been able to adapt.

Phase 4:
    - Contact between DI's and recruits is at a respected level
    - PT is now at regular Marine Corps active duty level
    - The DI is now more of a guide to follow with the squad leaders as true Marine leaders and each recruit ready to enter service into THE MOST DISCIPLINED, WELL-TRAINED, EFFICIENT, FEARLESS RESPONDING FORCE IN THE HISTORY OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA:

THE UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS

Unregistered
    Honestly man if u think about it in the U.S. Marine Corps they gradually build people up and tell them "WE WILL NOT LET YOU QUIT"............ so basically what happens is u have guys who have been encouraged and grown, level after level after level with the idea to never ever quit............ whether told to or not a recruit whether a police recruit or a Marine Corps recruit can always tell if they are being trained to quit......... the last thing u want is if u have to staff cops who will never quit is to train them to quit......... even in the Marines, the first sessions build you up with the MOST yelling, MOST MICROMANAGED ATTENTION TO DETAIL, MOST IN YOUR FACE "DO IT HOW I TELL YOU!" ,BUT when it comes to PT...............

How do the Marines do it? They start with the baby steps of physical fitness... why? To build up a U.S. Marines confidence, step by step, level after level minute after minute, hour after hour, day after day, week after week....... a Marine not only is never encouraged to quit(whether by sense, verbal, criteria or curriculum) but they are encouraged in EVERY sense that their DI(drill instructor) says to them "I WILL NOT LET YOU QUIT" "I WILL MAKE YOU A MARINE IF IT'S THE LAST DAMN THING ON EARTH I DO".... this is what police depts are missing across the country, especially with these millenials... and I think police depts across the country need to adapt the U.S. Marine Corps style of training, but gradually growing a young recruit into a fearless, tactical, smart and intelligent tactician to protect and serve.

There are so many YouTube training videos of police depts showing how they destroy recruits right when they show up, and they are either insinuating them to quit by forcing so much physical activity on them upfront or they are verbally telling them if they want to quit. It is the EXACT OPPOSITE way a Marine is built, and Marines NEVER quit. The several departments I've seen that have done this, are in the top 20% of highest rates for an officer to quit within 1 year of joining the force.

It's not just about tearing down recruits, their bodies and potentially their organs right when they show up(even though I heard that isn't done at MDPD, which is a good first step)

The reality behind it is this, are you trying to get guys to quit to find a diamond in the rough, or are you going to make EVERYONE a diamond in the rough. The following is the best examples of MCRD or Parris Island and how they build Marines who will NEVER QUIT

THE UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS
    We have great TA's at MDPD, and if they implemented this style. We would definitely benefit that much more.

What you're saying is true, The Marines pretty much destroy any sense of quit therefore it helps out recruiting numbers and military budget.

If we adapted that style instead of the "find the quit in a person and then kick them out" style we would increase recruiting numbers and it would help out our budget.

Mind you that's one portion, we have to study and pass exams too, some are just dumb as rocks lmao.

Unregistered
    We have great TA's at MDPD, and if they implemented this style. We would definitely benefit that much more.

What you're saying is true, The Marines pretty much destroy any sense of quit therefore it helps out recruiting numbers and military budget.

If we adapted that style instead of the "find the quit in a person and then kick them out" style we would increase recruiting numbers and it would help out our budget.

Mind you that's one portion, we have to study and pass exams too, some are just dumb as rocks lmao.
    it should be the same as it was over 20 years ago when i went through the BLE academy with miami-dade police.. the best T.A.'S HOLTZ,DWYER,COFFEE,and KELLEY and sprinkle in SGT.GREGORICH.. they had us doing push ups until our arms were noodles..run and run and run in P.T. no one was failing in test's whether its LEGAL 1,2,3 or Ips and so on.. constant yelling and screaming in our faces even 5 months after starting..especially the first month was brutal..you have to have tough skin!!! some peoples feelings were hurt in the class but, i told them tough love!!! i still shake my head hearing now a days trainees failing tests.. SMH.. when i went through if you failed any 2 tests you were 07ed and not recycled nonsense..its was different back then too.. first 2 weeks was at the training bureau and the on to MDCC north campus for 6 months ,take state exam, and then 3 week writing assisnment in a district .. finally back to the training bureau for a month and a half for survival city scenarios.. anyone went through the academy before 1999 knows what im talking about..way before MPI classes.. i went through 1996-97.. regards, the dinosaur

Unregistered

Are you kidding me?!? Monica is a loser, the tall guy is full of himself never done police work. Only one worth a damn is Hodges the rest are worthless

Unregistered
    lol why u guys telling these recruits the tests are open book lmao you guys are brutal.

Tests are not open book u gotta study lmao

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516