Yet another coward Lieutenant - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unregistered
    I'll provide a little guidance for some of our so called "leaders":

Make Sound And Timely Decisions

The leader must be able to rapidly estimate a situation and make a sound decision based on that estimation. Hesitation or a reluctance to make a decision leads subordinates to lose confidence in your abilities as a leader. Loss of confidence in turn creates confusion and hesitation within the unit.

Techniques to develop this principle include:

- Developing a logical and orderly thought process by practicing objective estimates of the situation

- When time and situation permit planning for every possible event that can reasonably be foreseen

- Considering the advice and suggestions of your subordinates before making decisions

- Considering the effects of your decisions on all members of your unit

Unregistered
    Heard he did it again this week already. Further heard the D2 Lt idiot also cancelled a pursuit before it ever started. As soon as the officer said he was behind a S10/S23 vehicle the LT petered out and told him not to engage in a pursuit and to turn around........... apparently an LT can forbid his officers from doing what is clearly within policy.

Unregistered
    The D3 coward struck again! If you're going to cancel all pursuits, quit screaming on the radio like a b*+%#!

Unregistered
    Your a fool to chase those s21/10 staff will burn your ass even if no one crashes and the bad guy gets t15.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Your a fool to chase those s21/10 staff will burn your ass even if no one crashes and the bad guy gets t15.
    Total F-ing lie. Tell me ONCE you have chaced a 21/10 and gotten your "ass burned". You're a coward! Never happened. If you did you did something wrong. I have 18 years on and have been in probably 30 pursuits or more and as long as they were the appropriate charge I was fine. Problem with and the purpose of this thread is the coward LTs that cancel them before they start. If you want to be a coward LT...... go back to being the crappy a55 detective you were.

Unregistered
    Total F-ing lie. Tell me ONCE you have chaced a 21/10 and gotten your "ass burned". You're a coward! Never happened. If you did you did something wrong. I have 18 years on and have been in probably 30 pursuits or more and as long as they were the appropriate charge I was fine. Problem with and the purpose of this thread is the coward LTs that cancel them before they start. If you want to be a coward LT...... go back to being the crappy a55 detective you were.

Ask those d1 officers that chased the cars across the bridge this year.

Unregistered
    The officers that got in trouble were not the officers directly involved in the pursuit. They had no business driving the way they were to try and get involved. Only one officer got any discipline which was minor, but nice try. Do your job and do it right and you will be fine. Next?

Unregistered
    I know Hamlin reads this everyday. I wonder if Dugan does? I wonder if he cares the nobody has any confidence in the Lieutenants.

Unregistered
    I know Hamlin reads this everyday. I wonder if Dugan does? I wonder if he cares the nobody has any confidence in the Lieutenants.
    The Hough to Father John era basically stripped all power from Sgts and Lts and created the situation. “Dont do anything without telling me 1st.” Dugan is not doing anything about these majors. D2 is a prime example. The major is a toxic leader who makes it a point to put every error a person makes in thier face. He micromanages every person to death. Perhaps the worse leader in TPD history and every supervisor and Lt in that district is miserable. To add insult to injury they bring over a captain from D3 who makes every decision based on race. He is already telling Sergeants what black officer gets the next new car although there are senior people due. So point being there is a lot more at play here from the upper management level that creates this toxic environment where Sgts and Lts are having strong reservations about doing things because they are constantly micromanaged and underminded. If Dugan wants change he should have looked at some of these pu$$y majors who are controlling the reins and asked if they are really in the right district or should they be pushing paper over on the admin side.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12