Miami / Broward / Palm Beach Troopers - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Unregistered
    Agree, Troop L has it together for the most part. There are a few squirrels in Broward, but the other areas are good to go.

Unregistered
    Troop L used to be a good place to work until all the ig rats took it over....now it sucks just like the rest of the patrol. There has been a mass exodus to the turnpike in Ft. Pierce. I think they are down to 13 Tprs people used to stay there unless they promoted out....that should tell you something...

Unregistered
    Troop K Palm Beach is where it's at.

Unregistered

Whatever floats your boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    You are definitely the Trooper and Dad that can't even take the kids to see Mickey Mouse because only work 40 hours a weeks. Remember is not the time you spend with your kids it is usually QUALITY time. At least I can take my whole family on a Disney cruise trip for 8 days while you are being lazy working "40" hours a week would take the kids to a neighborhood park. I will keep working 12 hours of 208 a week and have fun with my kids while you're at your honor wanting to work extra hours, lazy...
    Sorry, but I had to pipe in on this. It's fine if you wanna work more. My Father did this and my childhood was pretty good, but it wasn't great. He just wasn't around a lot of the time. When he was around he was tired and run down. Sure we had money to do this and that, my father certainly tried to give us everything we wanted. Looking back I didn't get to spend the time with my father that I would have liked. Now, those days are gone and so is my Dad. EVERY minute you spend with your kids is QUALITY time. It doesn't take heaps of money and trips to The Rat house. So keep right on working two jobs or OT to provide what YOU believe to be an acceptable amount of money. It's ironic really that you insult people with the neighborhood park statement. The times I cherish and remember the most were when my Father took me to the park.

Unregistered
    Sorry, but I had to pipe in on this. It's fine if you wanna work more. My Father did this and my childhood was pretty good, but it wasn't great. He just wasn't around a lot of the time. When he was around he was tired and run down. Sure we had money to do this and that, my father certainly tried to give us everything we wanted. Looking back I didn't get to spend the time with my father that I would have liked. Now, those days are gone and so is my Dad. EVERY minute you spend with your kids is QUALITY time. It doesn't take heaps of money and trips to The Rat house. So keep right on working two jobs or OT to provide what YOU believe to be an acceptable amount of money. It's ironic really that you insult people with the neighborhood park statement. The times I cherish and remember the most were when my Father took me to the park.
    Great post ! #respect

Unregistered
    Growing up my Dad was an FHP Trooper. We didn't have money to do much, and the park was a blessing when we did have the gas money to go.

Now he's retired working at Publix and Target.

#Respect

Unregistered
    Troop L used to be a good place to work until all the ig rats took it over....now it sucks just like the rest of the patrol. There has been a mass exodus to the turnpike in Ft. Pierce. I think they are down to 13 Tprs people used to stay there unless they promoted out....that should tell you something...
    That sucks. Palm beach and broward are still pretty good.

Unregistered
    You are totally correct on your post, I definitely made a mistake by writing about the neighborhood park. If I disrespected you in any way, please accept my apology.
    Be safe and God bless you and your family.
    OP.

Unregistered
    You are totally correct on your post, I definitely made a mistake by writing about the neighborhood park. If I disrespected you in any way, please accept my apology.
    Be safe and God bless you and your family.
    OP.

Money isn't everything, especially when it comes to family. Take it from me. I worked as a "government contractor" in some pretty nasty places around the world before getting into law enforcement. I see my family every single day now - the fact that it takes me a month at a large SO to earn what I used to make every week doesn't matter by comparison.

Unregistered
    Let's see. Two 3 hour jobs a day equals 6 hours. Doing that twice a week is only 12 hours overtime. Each job pays a MINIMUM of $250. That's $1000 a week. That's a minimum of $52,000 a year, only working 12 hours of overtime a week, which can be done while the kiddos are at school. Not to mention any cancelation fee, special event 208 that pays more, and those beautiful pipeline and cable crossing jobs, that are about 2-3 hours long, pay $450 minimum and happen while the kids are sleeping, so you don't miss out. I'm sorry you're not afforded the opportunity to make money, but those of us that do have figured out a way to provide and still be an active part of kids' life.
    That's great, but what happens when you retire? None of that extra income is computed in your high 5.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast