Travelled through Lee County on 1-75 from Charlotte Co. to Collier Co. No Troopers - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Unregistered
    [QUOTE=Unregistered;2780214]
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

For only having "redneck bars", they sure pay pretty good and have awesome benefits! I heard the fishing and boating is great.
    +1. Charlotte SO was on dateline last night. Seems like a good group of professionals

Unregistered
    Hillsborough. Pinellas. Orange. Jacksonville. Broward. Palm Beach.

All are hiring, and all pay more than FHP. Some more than others, but you'll definitely be much closer to a "living wage" wherever you go. Very few SO's pay less than FHP.

Unregistered
    I drove all the way from the state line to Sarasota on Monday. I saw not one trooper on I-75. People were driving over 100 mph. I drove past the Sarasota FHP office, full of FHP cars in the side parking lot (obviously unassigned). Shameful. When I passed thru Georgia, GSP had blue lights everywhere, putting violators on the curb.

Unregistered
    I drove all the way from the state line to Sarasota on Monday. I saw not one trooper on I-75. People were driving over 100 mph. I drove past the Sarasota FHP office, full of FHP cars in the side parking lot (obviously unassigned). Shameful. When I passed thru Georgia, GSP had blue lights everywhere, putting violators on the curb.
    Great story.

Unregistered
    Several Troopers are starting around 51k with Sarasota SO. I wouldn't recommend Charlotte. Its an older county. Their pay doesn't compare to Sarasota or Collier. Sarasota will pay you for your experience and you are issued EVERYTHING. The Sheriff there is a retired Trooper. He is very well liked and the agency is a decent size with many opportunities. Ive herd there are 4 or 5 processing now and problem as many as 10 already on the agency. Not to keene on moving all the way to Naples. Thats just me.

Unregistered
    Great story.
    And sadly, it's a true story. Shows the current state of Florida public safety.

Unregistered
    Several Troopers are starting around 51k with Sarasota SO. I wouldn't recommend Charlotte. Its an older county. Their pay doesn't compare to Sarasota or Collier. Sarasota will pay you for your experience and you are issued EVERYTHING. The Sheriff there is a retired Trooper. He is very well liked and the agency is a decent size with many opportunities. Ive herd there are 4 or 5 processing now and problem as many as 10 already on the agency. Not to keene on moving all the way to Naples. Thats just me.
    What do you mean "Charlotte is an older county"? Do you mean a lot of elderly live there? The thing drawing me to Charlotte instead of Sarasota is the benefits. They start at 41k, all equipment provided and FULLY paid health benefits for you and your dependants. I think the pay balances out because of the insurance.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456