2017 app process new - Page 10
Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Anyone heard anything?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Anyone heard anything?
    Yeah the city manger has stopped all hiring because the city owes the current and retired employees about $350 million in back wages and benefits. Don't worry when they go bankrupt maybe you can reapply.

Unregistered
    Yeah the city manger has stopped all hiring because the city owes the current and retired employees about $350 million in back wages and benefits. Don't worry when they go bankrupt maybe you can reapply.
    I heard the same thing also. The city has to pay back the rank and file over $110 million dollars in the near future. They were mandated by the Florida Supreme Court and has been upheld by PERC. City Manager has halted all hiring for the near future. Those may finish the process but there wont be an academy classes to attend. Sorry boys, I get my $$$ back and you guys will be the first to be laid off if it comes to that. Welcome to the most corrupt government in the United States.

Unregistered
    I heard the same thing also. The city has to pay back the rank and file over $110 million dollars in the near future. They were mandated by the Florida Supreme Court and has been upheld by PERC. City Manager has halted all hiring for the near future. Those may finish the process but there wont be an academy classes to attend. Sorry boys, I get my $$$ back and you guys will be the first to be laid off if it comes to that. Welcome to the most corrupt government in the United States.
    All lies. You won't be getting money back anytime soon !

Unregistered
    All lies. You won't be getting money back anytime soon !
    Start the interest then and dont worry little nurse Danny the money for cameras and the CIP can start to pay us back.

Unregistered
    Soooo... what you're basically saying is that the SMART and REASONABLE thing to do is be 500 Officers short but supply the rank and file with the back pay money that they were promised.

Hmm, that does sound like a great idea.
    Leave the city in ruins and chaos, not to mention totally anarchy being 500 Police Officers short, but hey, as long as you get your money. Amm I rigghhtt?

Unregistered
    Soooo... what you're basically saying is that the SMART and REASONABLE thing to do is be 500 Officers short but supply the rank and file with the back pay money that they were promised.

Leave the city in ruins and chaos, not to mention totally anarchy being 500 Police Officers short, but hey, as long as you get your money. Amm I rigghhtt?
    It isn't the first time that they have talked about operating short. In 1997nthere was talk of layoffs due to budget shortages. Last in, first out. Miami isn't the only agency that is short. Every agency is operating that way. Causes: Budgets, lack of a qualified applicant pool, etc.

And yes, the rank and file, including myself, deserve our monies that the city illegally stole. When a city refuses to raise the millage and other taxes for fear of losing votes, which would have alleviated the problem in the first place then they deserve everything they get.

And yest to your statement, F*uk all of the new applicants. I deserve my money!

Unregistered

Where did you get the 500 short from your azz. We are back to our budgeted numbers including the ones scheduled to leave by October 1st, they have allready been account ted for in the numbers.

Unregistered
    Where did you get the 500 short from your azz. We are back to our budgeted numbers including the ones scheduled to leave by October 1st, they have allready been account ted for in the numbers.
    You can pull the public file online.
    Go to miamigov.com, office of the city manager, and go to memorandums.
    There's a file titled MPD Officer Onboarding Analysis. It's a 5 year outlook from 2016-2020 as to how they're going to hire 521 new Officers.

You mean to tell me that they already managed to hire 500 new Officers?? In what? 2 years? Cause the Analysis came out at the end of 2015.

Unregistered
    You can pull the public file online.
    Go to miamigov.com, office of the city manager, and go to memorandums.
    There's a file titled MPD Officer Onboarding Analysis. It's a 5 year outlook from 2016-2020 as to how they're going to hire 521 new Officers.

You mean to tell me that they already managed to hire 500 new Officers?? In what? 2 years? Cause the Analysis came out at the end of 2015.
    With the FOP win the other day the ciities big hiring iplan have been blown to bits. Coupled with the new property tax measure raising homestead tax exception to $75,000.00 the city will be in the hole big time.

Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast