2017 app process new - Page 27
Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Anything new?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Anything new?

Yes, you all should start a new post. Called either, 2018 app process old or 2017 still waiting. You need to factor in a few things. First are you a nice looking female? Have family already employed here? Cuban? Black?? get's you extra point's. White? Give it up! If they were hiring 10 for the next class. 9, either black, Cuban or female. Would get selected. The 1 opening left. If a white is next, opps back of the line. They will only send the 9!

Unregistered
    I got to laugh. One day after court, I headed back to central to speck to the day shift Lt. before I got off duty. I was watching the current class that was in. The ones who oversee the training , with there drill Sgt's hat on. I almost pissed my pants laughing. Listening to them, screaming like school girls at the ones in training, doing pushups in street cloths, ties and all. So me being the d!ck that I'm. Yelled, hey I can't hear the fu@ken phone! Shut him up for a moment.

Unregistered
    Anything new?
    Forget about any December updates. Look towards January.

Unregistered

Cool

They will be hiring again in the next few weeks. Keep your eyes open!

Unregistered
    Forget about any December updates. Look towards January.
    Why is that?

Unregistered
    Why is that?
    We’re in the middle of December. 11 days away till Christmas. Do you REALLY think that they’ll make any announcements now? Doubt it.

Unregistered
    Yes, you all should start a new post. Called either, 2018 app process old or 2017 still waiting. You need to factor in a few things. First are you a nice looking female? Have family already employed here? Cuban? Black?? get's you extra point's. White? Give it up! If they were hiring 10 for the next class. 9, either black, Cuban or female. Would get selected. The 1 opening left. If a white is next, opps back of the line. They will only send the 9!
    Agreed sir/ma'am...I will vent my story about my application with the city...It was a crisp feb.1996 morning ....saw the ''we are hiring banner'' but, they forgot to add in '' white anglo males no need to apply even if you have a college degree,QRU background,excellent credit and so on.'' so, i went down there and applied and was given a test date to go to MDCC wolfson campus in downtown.. took the test in which was a basic civil service test and a 29 (robbery video) memorization test as well... few weeks go by and i get my test score in the mail and i had a 95.33 on the test (not too shabby eh?) so, i thought..talked to my other friends ( hispanic and black ) and they scored a lot lower but, they were being processed for next steps and they even had a file with a B.I. so, red flags started to go up and i called down there and asked what was going on with my process why haven't i have heard anything and my friends have? she advised me don't worry about them and worry about me (((take it she could tell i was a white anglo male over phone))) so, i used the RACE card and advised her '' what's wrong ?? is it because i am a white male??? she didn't take too kind to that narrative and to be honest i didn't care... i advised her to 07 my application ((if, they hadn't done so already)) and throw it in the trash!!!! funny thing i was also, in the process with MDPD and was hired in march of 1997 and started my BLE at MDCC north and there was no friends and family plan for me when i was hired by MDPD...goes to show you city of miami perhaps doesn't like to hire white anglo males.. and by the way, they get away with it because when hiring a white HISPANIC male it's counted as a white male in the numbers..another way to manipulate the NUMBERS game with the government for grants to hire more officer's..remember the government doesn't use HISPANIC as a race it's either BLACK,WHITE (even if your hispanic),asian,and so on...i bet even REDNECK towns hire more minorities than the city hires Anglos...god bless all and stay safe everyone.. and anglos don't give up apply with several departments your chance will come!!!

Unregistered
    I always see you posting about the same thing over and over again. Does it really trouble you that much that the City of Miami is hiring more African Americans/Hispanics/Latinos? What’s wrong with more diversity? The Police Department should reflect it’s community and South Florida is predominently Hispanic. I don’t understand why you’re so embattled about Whites not getting hired as much as other ethnic groups and take is so personally?
    Let me guess, are you one of those insecure individuals who believes that minorities are taking away jobs from White Americans (which has been proven false)? Sure seems like it.

Unregistered
    Agreed!!!!

Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast