Look at me! Its all about me!

Unregistered

Look at me! Its all about me!

The common denominator in all of these social media/phone missteps is this urge to share with others, your humor , thoughts, deeds, etc. The Agency is okay with a positive post, like posting changing a little ole ladies tire in the rain etc. A lot of these posts are generated by the Leo's, even if someone else is recording it, a little PR is never a bad thing, right? Wanting a little praise and recognition for doing a good deed and a little self-promotion to boot, how can that be a bad thing? If telling your fellow deps in readoff, how you almost blew this lady away because she wasn't following commands, etc, wouldn't be that big a deal when your audience is all cops. Police, have since the beginning of time, used cynical, not politically correct humor, to describe highly stressful situations, and quite frankly, some of it can be funny as hell! This can also have a decompressing component to it. Getting it off your chest with others that share your risks, can be reassuring and therapeutic. Some aspects of the general public, would find a lot of this to be offensive etc. Why in the hell then, would you think that posting things for the world to see, would be a good thing? A generation that has been brought up on social media, with some, literally telling you what and where they ate lunch, have been conditioned to promote themselves, "Look at me! Its all about me!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    The common denominator in all of these social media/phone missteps is this urge to share with others, your humor , thoughts, deeds, etc. The Agency is okay with a positive post, like posting changing a little ole ladies tire in the rain etc. A lot of these posts are generated by the Leo's, even if someone else is recording it, a little PR is never a bad thing, right? Wanting a little praise and recognition for doing a good deed and a little self-promotion to boot, how can that be a bad thing? If telling your fellow deps in readoff, how you almost blew this lady away because she wasn't following commands, etc, wouldn't be that big a deal when your audience is all cops. Police, have since the beginning of time, used cynical, not politically correct humor, to describe highly stressful situations, and quite frankly, some of it can be funny as hell! This can also have a decompressing component to it. Getting it off your chest with others that share your risks, can be reassuring and therapeutic. Some aspects of the general public, would find a lot of this to be offensive etc. Why in the hell then, would you think that posting things for the world to see, would be a good thing? A generation that has been brought up on social media, with some, literally telling you what and where they ate lunch, have been conditioned to promote themselves, "Look at me! Its all about me!
    What about Trumps tweets ha ha ha

Unregistered
    Embellishing risk while telling your war stories is nothing more than stolen valor. This generation lacks patience and is not willing to do the sweat time necessary to learn and be humbled by this job. When the day comes that these wanna be macho hero's run across a real animal, they will realize just how much luck and fate determines your survival.