Another One Bites the Dust
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

Another One Bites the Dust

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publics...almost/2328866

I guess he didn't deserve a second chance.

Unregistered
    Wait a second... so this guy gets fired for saying something stupid about a true situation and another guy gets 2 days off for saying (during a training situation) "if it's not in my four walls and they're not sucking my d*ck or licking my wife's pus*y then I don't care." Then also calling someone fat and causing a hostile work environment. This agency's disciplinary actions are different for different people evidently.

Unregistered
    Seriously...fired for that? Just dropping like flies, hope everyone erases their social media accounts. Also don't text your wife anything personal on your cell phone.

Unreal

Training Guy

Its the now formal training Cpl had a sweet tooth for XXX pics on his phone. Take a look at his ****. You almost need a magnifying glass. Not something id txt anyone. Take a look below and judge for yourselves. Send to as many agency members and members of surrounding agencies as you can. Let them know we are truly the best LE agency in the county and our deputies are top notch. We are leading the way for a safer Pinellas.

https://www.scribd.com/mobile/docume...priate-Conduct

Unregistered
    Regardless what was on his phone. He should never have given it up. It's private property, and the PCSO doesn't have a right to it unless they have a warrant. Plus, there was nothing criminal to investigate on his phone. I wonder what is on the cell phones of our command staff? I could only imagine.

What is next, the PCSO confiscating your computer, tablets, TV, phone books, wallets, your vehicle, your house, etc, etc. this only opens up Pandora's box.

Imagine they did this at everyone's job in the public sector. This isn't the military, where the government owns your ass, this is suppose to be a paramilitary structure not a military one. They don't own your ass. It is clearly a violation of the PCSO if they forced him to give up his phone. I would looking for an attorney for violation of his rights and defamation of character.

Unregistered

Sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Regardless what was on his phone. He should never have given it up. It's private property, and the PCSO doesn't have a right to it unless they have a warrant. Plus, there was nothing criminal to investigate on his phone. I wonder what is on the cell phones of our command staff? I could only imagine.

What is next, the PCSO confiscating your computer, tablets, TV, phone books, wallets, your vehicle, your house, etc, etc. this only opens up Pandora's box.

Imagine they did this at everyone's job in the public sector. This isn't the military, where the government owns your ass, this is suppose to be a paramilitary structure not a military one. They don't own your ass. It is clearly a violation of the PCSO if they forced him to give up his phone. I would looking for an attorney for violation of his rights and defamation of character.
    Let me guess your probably one of the naked people on his phone so now your preaching the gospel. You werent talking when his **** was in your mouth so STFU and get of here and go complain to your husband. Everything is gonna change when Mclynas gets elected sheriff.

Unregistered
    Let me guess your probably one of the naked people on his phone so now your preaching the gospel. You werent talking when his **** was in your mouth so STFU and get of here and go complain to your husband. Everything is gonna change when Mclynas gets elected sheriff.
    This is nothing to do with the content on his phone. This is the violation of our fourth amendment in which the sheriff feels he can lead by intimidation. If they tell you to give up your phone, and threatened you to be fired, you better video record it and refuse them. Contact an attorney and sue them for violation of the fourth amendment and hostile work environment. You can even go further with our new quota system with the stats by alerting the media and FDLE. The media wants a real story, they would find it wry interesting that The PCSO now has a quota. The deputies have the emails from the chain of command about our quota system.

Unregistered
    Wait a second... so this guy gets fired for saying something stupid about a true situation and another guy gets 2 days off for saying (during a training situation) "if it's not in my four walls and they're not sucking my d*ck or licking my wife's pus*y then I don't care." Then also calling someone fat and causing a hostile work environment. This agency's disciplinary actions are different for different people evidently.
    Uhh.. It wasn't a "true situation", he made up the stuff about the knife, been posting some other "problematic" (BG's new phrase) things and been drinking heavily. So there's that. Oh, and James had it posted on his facebook page yesterday morning.

Unregistered
    Fourth Amendment doesn't apply here. This is an employee vs employer issue. You have no Constitutional rights in respect to your employer. He was simply asked by his employer to hand over his personal phone... and he did foolishly.

Defamation of Character doesn't apply here either. The key part in a violation is that the accusation must be FALSE. Unless I missed a claim that the images did not come off his phone?

Hostile Work Environment doesn't apply here either. Not even close. Being under investigation for misconduct, getting fired, and being "butt hurt" about it is not a solid case.

Florida is a Right to Work state. You can be fired for virtually any reason as long as it's not a protected class (age, sex, race, religion, orientation, etc). Yes, you can be fired for refusing the hand over your phone or over the content on it.

I'm sure a lot of us have dirty pics on our phone. I'm not a prude. But you venture into a whole different realm when you have photos that are racist, sexist, and insult the disabled. This is especially true when they're accessed on-duty.

If any of this came up in pre-employment background check, he wouldn't have been hired because of a lack of a moral character. This is law enforcement after all...

And by the support on here, it sounds like some of you need to get canned right along with him.

Unregistered

Maybe he should've obtained a lawyer? 🤔🤔🤔

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast