No sgts?

Thread: No sgts?

Unregistered

No sgts?

What exactly is the reason why you have LTs but no sgts? Since your all special agents shouldn't LTs be supervisory special agents? It's makes no sense to go from agent to LT

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    What exactly is the reason why you have LTs but no sgts? Since your all special agents shouldn't LTs be supervisory special agents? It's makes no sense to go from agent to LT
    We used to have sergeants as first line supervisors. We did that for years. The sergeant slots were upgraded to lieutenant slots back in the early 90's. Sergeants were the only rank with a test that was administered by an outside testing agency. To pass the sergeant's test and be on the promotion list was a big deal. The military style rank structure is outdated but there hasn't been any interest in updating it to include SAS or even RSAIC.

Uncle Buck

The Rest of the Story

Gather 'round kids ole Buck has a story for you.

Toward the end of the last century all agents were LEI I's. There were no LEI II's at ABT. At the time there were Agent, Sgt, Lt and Capt. It was decided there should be a alternate career path for those not wanting to be supervisors. This became the spark that gave rise to LEI II. Now here is the fun part. There had to be some specific qualifications. After all they couldn't let everyone be a LEI II. That would diminish the reward of promotion. It was decided that in order to be promoted to LEI II and get a 10% raise, successful applicants would need:
    FTO Certification
    Instructor Certification
    A degree (cant remember if it was 2 or 4 year)
    No internals
    Take and pass the LEI II test, which was the same as the SGT test minus the supervision questions.
    There were other qualifications that escape my recollection but the list of things needed increased until there were only 12 LEI I's left standing. In 1994, those 12 were promoted to LEI II, given a new badge and referred to as Senior Special Agents.

There is a lot of untold history. I hope you enjoyed this little glimpse at the past.

Unregistered

Galileo Lippe

Does anyone know who the 12 were/are?

Unregistered
    Their names have been lost to history