NYPD to SWFL

Thread: NYPD to SWFL

Junior Member LEO Affairs Rookie

NYPD to SWFL

Hello all, so I'm an NYPD officer looking to move back down to Florida to be close to my family again. My parents were NYPD and when retired in 2003, our family moved down to SWFL. I moved back to NY after my military service and decided to also join the NYPD to give it a try. I love the job and don't really have much complaints about it but I miss Florida and my family soo much.*

I'm looking for some insight on which departments are good. I'm looking into North Port, Tampa, St. Pete, Miami Sarasota, Clearwater areas. I'd like to go city not county sheriff. I know each area has different "districts" so if possible also add some info about the area you patrol. Please and thank you guys. Stay safe.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by RG5866 View Post
    Hello all, so I'm an NYPD officer looking to move back down to Florida to be close to my family again. My parents were NYPD and when retired in 2003, our family moved down to SWFL. I moved back to NY after my military service and decided to also join the NYPD to give it a try. I love the job and don't really have much complaints about it but I miss Florida and my family soo much.*

I'm looking for some insight on which departments are good. I'm looking into North Port, Tampa, St. Pete, Miami Sarasota, Clearwater areas. I'd like to go city not county sheriff. I know each area has different "districts" so if possible also add some info about the area you patrol. Please and thank you guys. Stay safe.
    Tampa is where the money is, progressive, St Pete also, Polk county great,Sheriffs rule the rust here, have all the money, Sarasota county good, Sarasota city shithole, Miami stay away, manatee county good, North Port, shithole right now, admin is poor, pay sucks fall from grace your done. NO NYPD policing here, your micro micro micro managed here.go to the county, you wont be stuck in uniform your whole career

Unregistered
    We have had several officers who originated from NY. They all turned out to be selfish people. Please find another department. We have enough problems that have been carried over by them.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    We have had several officers who originated from NY. They all turned out to be selfish people. Please find another department. We have enough problems that have been carried over by them.
    I believe you mean Rhode Island and new England aka massholes KV and GA of course we have the homegrown CM. so really we are all mutts who came here. Do yourself a favor stay clear of any agency south of manatee county, they all suck of course unless your a rat snitch wanna be warrior ***** with no self respect and big juicy lips, then you might fit in. Union sucks, pay sucks, admin is band of misfits, just read the threads, about says it all. good luck