NYPD to FL - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NYPD to FL

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest62728 View Post
    If it is so bad here and the working conditions are poor why don't you do us all a favor and get your ass out of here .. you are probably a GED graduate. Ask yourself where and how much will you be making if you weren't a cop... your one of the reasons the depts moral is like it is ... you are toxic ..
    Hey asshole, went through it and left with my $750,000. What's your excuse? Go kiss my ass!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by RG5866 View Post
    Thanks for the replies everyone. Do you guys happen to know hours, schedule, pay scale of some of these areas? The only pay scale I can find online are Tampa and St pete, and is it forced overtime like here in the NYPD? I'm not complaining, just letting you know how it is here. We can't plan our days off because we don't know if we will actually have that day off due to mandatory OT. A lot of the times ill be ready to go home, but then they'll be like we need you to stay. Its part of the job, but its ridiculous sometimes. I'll do an 19/20 hour hit, sleep for 2 hours then have to work my next shift, its insane. Just curious if thats just our dept. or you guys also.
    Usually you make a little above 40k/year when you start with most mid-size agencies, which is decent for most areas in FL far from Miami, Palm Beach, and Naples. And no I am not aware of anything close to 19/20 hours shift with any department. Most agencies have 12 hours shifts.

Junior Member LEO Affairs Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Usually you make a little above 40k/year when you start with most mid-size agencies, which is decent for most areas in FL far from Miami, Palm Beach, and Naples. And no I am not aware of anything close to 19/20 hours shift with any department. Most agencies have 12 hours shifts.
    Our shifts are 8hr 35mins however we constantly have OT which is typically 10-13 hours on top of our tour especially during the summer. We do 5 on 3 off, 5 on 2 off rotation... like i said before those days off are not promised. Like tomorrow I'm supposed to be off but ill be working the gay pride parade in the city, which is an early morning start. I might not get off till 2-4am Monday morning then I have to do my day tour right after at 7am. It's pretty crazy if you ask me. I can't speak for Queens, Brooklyn, bronx or staten island, but thats how it is in manhattan. Curious to know if Florida's departments are the same way so I can expect it when I come down.
    Last edited by RG5866; 06-25-2017 at 01:13 AM.

Unregistered
    Hey asshole, went through it and left with my $750,000. What's your excuse? Go kiss my ass!
    750k and you're here *****ing at the future applicant for asking questions. He clearly doesn't want to work the slavery NYPD is offering. Come to Florida, beautiful weather and beautiful women.

Unregistered
    750k and you're here *****ing at the future applicant for asking questions. He clearly doesn't want to work the slavery NYPD is offering. Come to Florida, beautiful weather and beautiful women.
    Come to Florida! By all means. Just that he can get better deals with police departments that are professionally run, which the laughingstock of Dade County, Miami, is clearly not!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12