Message from Gerthy Eugene, daughter of NMPD Chief Gary Eugene! Justice for my Dad
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Message from Gerthy Eugene, daughter of NMPD Chief Gary Eugene! Justice for my Dad

Many of you will see an article in the upcoming days about the City of North Miami Police Department asking for my father – Gary Eugene’s resignation as Police Chief for The NMPD. (Yes you read that right!) Many of you will hesitate on posting the article as to not offend me or my family but, NO! This conversation needs to happen! This is bigger than the Eugene family. This is an issue of dirty politics, flaws of the judicial system, and ethnic discrimination. This is a call of action to make sure when someone is trying to tell the TRUTH they are not punished for doing just that.

As many of you recall, last summer, an innocent black therapist, Charles Kinsey was laying on the floor while assisting his disabled patient and was shot by an officer. This officer was not approved to take the shot and the truth is that the officer was aiming for the disabled child and MISSED. The shot was a complete mistake but wouldn’t have happened had he not taken it. The commanding officer a HAITIAN man, Emile Hollant, was headed to his car to get binoculars and get a closer view of the suspect and this alleged weapon… So you all tell me this; why In the world would the City Manager, Larry Spring, demand that Commander Hollant be suspended and later fired? In addition, after the State Attorney and internal investigations took place it was unanimous that the Commander did not do anything criminalizing.

So here’s where my Father’s resignation becomes problematic. My father TOLD the City Manager that the Commander didn’t do anything wrong – yes he could have done more – but he should not be fired or suspended. He later even suggested that the Commander engage in a special training to help improve. Spring yelled at my father and said he was going to suspend him anyways. My father refused to do the suspension and when the evidence came out that the Commander shouldn’t have been suspended and that’s what the Chief of Police advised – well you can imagine how that made the City Manager look. But it gets worse people!!

My father was on medical leave for the past two weeks for a spinal surgery and in his absence “they” were moving. They waited until last Wednesday (knowing my father would be returning Thursday) after business hours to hand the Commander the pink slip. My dad got word of this and of course was going to veto the firing but was asked for his resignation when he walked in Thursday morning.

Now you will read that my father lied which honestly, just isn’t true. He had to change his statement once he stopped listening to the he say she say of his officers and did his own investigation IN ORDER TO tell the truth. I mean there is a recording of the officers at the scene, people. He seriously cannot make this stuff up. That’s what happens when you are given two different stories – you do your own research to find the truth!

Here’s why I’m being vocal about this: We, as a black community, are constantly hurt when white officers are killing unarmed and unthreatening people of color but when we have an opportunity to bring about real change – as Larry Spring did – we choose to tear a part our own. Why, because he’s Haitian? Because the shooting officer wasn’t a black man? What’s the problem? I’m really trying to figure it out. You would think you would not only just want to protect your own but simply just do the RIGHT thing. But. I’M convinced that since the media blasted the City Manager and made it seem like my father was more competent than him I guess his feelings got hurt. Maybe that’s why he told my dad to keep the resignation under wraps. Oh wait! But he did that AFTER already speaking to the media. AFTER telling them he lied! Imagine that scenario – you hand Gary a pink slip, tell him not to say anything, and in the time it takes for Gary to get from your office to his home, he is on the 12 o’clock news watching a story with quotes.. from YOU, Larry Spring! I mean does it get anymore defaming than that? I don’t really know. All I know, is that my father will be resigning from the City of North Miami Police Department but when you tell the story make sure you tell it right and make sure we hold our politicians and government officials to this higher standard.

As a daddy’s girl I have no problem with the image of my father being home stretched out pool side with a beer for the rest of his life. What hurts the most is that the city of North Miami which has (I’m guessing) a population consisting of about 65% of it being black people and about 70% of those black People being Haitian – these people lost a good chief who identifies with them and fights for them and hopefully the NMPD and North Miami legislation government will learn that representation matters and you don’t falsely and unjustly tear people down who your citizens are inspired by.

Don’t be afraid to comment, share, debate, etc. this needs to be public!

Thank you

Gerthy Eugene

Unregistered
    Hate to tell you this but your father was nothing more than a lazy slug when he was at the city of Miami. He only got where he was by who he was, a minority Haitain individual who by the was could barely speak english w/o such a heavy accent. A chief is responsible for his department and is being fired because he couldn't manage his department.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Many of you will see an article in the upcoming days about the City of North Miami Police Department asking for my father – Gary Eugene’s resignation as Police Chief for The NMPD. (Yes you read that right!) Many of you will hesitate on posting the article as to not offend me or my family but, NO! This conversation needs to happen! This is bigger than the Eugene family. This is an issue of dirty politics, flaws of the judicial system, and ethnic discrimination. This is a call of action to make sure when someone is trying to tell the TRUTH they are not punished for doing just that.

As many of you recall, last summer, an innocent black therapist, Charles Kinsey was laying on the floor while assisting his disabled patient and was shot by an officer. This officer was not approved to take the shot and the truth is that the officer was aiming for the disabled child and MISSED. The shot was a complete mistake but wouldn’t have happened had he not taken it. The commanding officer a HAITIAN man, Emile Hollant, was headed to his car to get binoculars and get a closer view of the suspect and this alleged weapon… So you all tell me this; why In the world would the City Manager, Larry Spring, demand that Commander Hollant be suspended and later fired? In addition, after the State Attorney and internal investigations took place it was unanimous that the Commander did not do anything criminalizing.

So here’s where my Father’s resignation becomes problematic. My father TOLD the City Manager that the Commander didn’t do anything wrong – yes he could have done more – but he should not be fired or suspended. He later even suggested that the Commander engage in a special training to help improve. Spring yelled at my father and said he was going to suspend him anyways. My father refused to do the suspension and when the evidence came out that the Commander shouldn’t have been suspended and that’s what the Chief of Police advised – well you can imagine how that made the City Manager look. But it gets worse people!!

My father was on medical leave for the past two weeks for a spinal surgery and in his absence “they” were moving. They waited until last Wednesday (knowing my father would be returning Thursday) after business hours to hand the Commander the pink slip. My dad got word of this and of course was going to veto the firing but was asked for his resignation when he walked in Thursday morning.

Now you will read that my father lied which honestly, just isn’t true. He had to change his statement once he stopped listening to the he say she say of his officers and did his own investigation IN ORDER TO tell the truth. I mean there is a recording of the officers at the scene, people. He seriously cannot make this stuff up. That’s what happens when you are given two different stories – you do your own research to find the truth!

Here’s why I’m being vocal about this: We, as a black community, are constantly hurt when white officers are killing unarmed and unthreatening people of color but when we have an opportunity to bring about real change – as Larry Spring did – we choose to tear a part our own. Why, because he’s Haitian? Because the shooting officer wasn’t a black man? What’s the problem? I’m really trying to figure it out. You would think you would not only just want to protect your own but simply just do the RIGHT thing. But. I’M convinced that since the media blasted the City Manager and made it seem like my father was more competent than him I guess his feelings got hurt. Maybe that’s why he told my dad to keep the resignation under wraps. Oh wait! But he did that AFTER already speaking to the media. AFTER telling them he lied! Imagine that scenario – you hand Gary a pink slip, tell him not to say anything, and in the time it takes for Gary to get from your office to his home, he is on the 12 o’clock news watching a story with quotes.. from YOU, Larry Spring! I mean does it get anymore defaming than that? I don’t really know. All I know, is that my father will be resigning from the City of North Miami Police Department but when you tell the story make sure you tell it right and make sure we hold our politicians and government officials to this higher standard.

As a daddy’s girl I have no problem with the image of my father being home stretched out pool side with a beer for the rest of his life. What hurts the most is that the city of North Miami which has (I’m guessing) a population consisting of about 65% of it being black people and about 70% of those black People being Haitian – these people lost a good chief who identifies with them and fights for them and hopefully the NMPD and North Miami legislation government will learn that representation matters and you don’t falsely and unjustly tear people down who your citizens are inspired by.

Thank you

Gerthy Eugene
    "We, as a black community, are constantly hurt when white officers are killing unarmed and unthreatening people of color"

You lost all credibility there.

Unregistered

Thank you

Gerthy Eugene
    Nice written letter, unfortunately no one here cared for your dad when he was at MPD,now that he is retired we care less. Good luck with the lawsuit.

Unregistered

Kick rocks

Yup, Eugene was a waste of a good uniform. You really wasted your time writing all that. 80% of us won't read the entire the thing. 100% of us here at MPD were glad to see him leave. He was nearly a cop, and nowhere near being an effective leader.

Unregistered
    Yup, Eugene was a waste of a good uniform. You really wasted your time writing all that. 80% of us won't read the entire the thing. 100% of us here at MPD were glad to see him leave. He was nearly a cop, and nowhere near being an effective leader.
    I can honestly say he was a nice guy,a Follower never a leader. No one here at MPD misses him. Good luck on the lawsuit.

Unregistered
    My god the man didn't even know how to tie his shoes. If he changed his story is because he was untruthful or to stupid to make an accurate statement.

Unregistered
    My god the man didn't even know how to tie his shoes. If he changed his story is because he was untruthful or to stupid to make an accurate statement.
    Hmm, sounds like some the people here. Wonder who...

Unregistered
    "We, as a black community, are constantly hurt when white officers are killing unarmed and unthreatening people of color"

You lost all credibility there.
    Ask your dad about the time he pumped Diesel on a Gas Vehicle and ruined the engine. Just ask him, everyone at MPD remembers. Lol,lol.

Unregistered
    "We as a black community are constantly hurt by white officers" aannddd go fûck yourself and who cares.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast