Any new career path ideas?
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

Any new career path ideas?

I feel our concerns are not being taken serious. Particularly with staffing on patrol. Im tired of going home late to my family. Its the same old poor excuse. "We were short when I first started and we are short now". That does not fly with me anymore. Now with no mid shift, I am beyond burned out. Anytime anyone voices a concern, we are told to quit. That being said, it was the best advice all along.

I would like this threat to be about post law enforcement career options. Based on my research so far, being a cop seems to be a worthless skill in the private sector.

Any ideas?

Unregistered
    Thread not threat.

This thread should have been titled. Exit stratagy ideas.

Honestly im simply trying to find something with the least of a pay cut.

Unregistered

Duh

TPD, they're fully staffed.

Unregistered
    USAA seems to hire ex govt

Unregistered
    Marine Corps is hiring. Free food away from home for a year. Work more than 8 hours a day. Not enough ammo and no a/c! You are a ***** get the f.... out of here snowflake!!!!!!! I am amazed about the complaints people have. You are a cop. Grow up!!!!!!!!

Unregistered
    Sorry I'm a little hot, my last post may have been a little insensitive. But I will repost. You are a *****!!!! I hate these silver spoon pussies that have never been exposed to shit other than "oh I'have been dispatched to so many calls today". You are a joke!!!!!!!!!! please post your name so the ones that love their job know who they need to be aware of if they go on a call with you. Holy fu.. forbid you get off 5 minutes late and jeopardize others life because of your disgruntled BS.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Sorry I'm a little hot, my last post may have been a little insensitive. But I will repost. You are a *****!!!! I hate these silver spoon pussies that have never been exposed to shit other than "oh I'have been dispatched to so many calls today". You are a joke!!!!!!!!!! please post your name so the ones that love their job know who they need to be aware of if they go on a call with you. Holy fu.. forbid you get off 5 minutes late and jeopardize others life because of your disgruntled BS.
    You're an idiot. He/she is looking to start another career, not to stay with the department until retirement being a burden for you almighty super cop.

Unregistered

station

And he/she never mentioned call volume in his/her post.

Unregistered
    What is this so called high call volume and "burnt out"..multiple departments locally handle 25+ calls per day with minimum staffing as the norm

Unregistered
    What is this so called high call volume and "burnt out"..multiple departments locally handle 25+ calls per day with minimum staffing as the norm
    But those are the departments that can tell everybody to go F%@K off, and not have to do 3,932,443,093,389 investigate steps and write 4,039,499,387 page documents, for every call they go on.

Oh, and all that has to be done, perfectly, before the end of the shift, "Because overtime is frowned upon."

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast