Any new career path ideas? - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Technically, and legally, as soon as the defendants agree to pay a fine (which they do right after they are caught), it becomes a civil issue and the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office has no authority to make arrests on these civil cases.

I'm surprised (with our overwhelming fear of lawsuits) that our brass has not stopped us responding to this yet, and I'm also surprised that some defendant has not sued us yet after being arrested during this civil agreement.
    Exactly. Which is why LPO’s rarely show up to court if ever and why these cases very rarely make it to court. Not all do this. Now add the whole JAAP and DAP programs and these cases are truly a waste of law enforcement time. The juvenile justice system is already a lenient laughable joke, so why make it worse with something like JAAP. Is 3 hours at the JAC too long? Funny how when some fancy big wig creats a pet project like JAAP, it falls back on patrol.

Unregistered
    Exactly. Which is why LPO’s rarely show up to court if ever and why these cases very rarely make it to court. Not all do this. Now add the whole JAAP and DAP programs and these cases are truly a waste of law enforcement time. The juvenile justice system is already a lenient laughable joke, so why make it worse with something like JAAP. Is 3 hours at the JAC too long? Funny how when some fancy big wig creats a pet project like JAAP, it falls back on patrol.
    Many other agencies write citations for certain juvenile crimes, and even for some adult crimes such as possession of marijuana. Imagine if we could simply issue a criminal citation, like NVDL, and not have to write a report. Put your notes in mobile forms like any other criminal citation and go to the next. It would literally save hours of work and still achieve the same result. Most of these cases get plead to fines/court costs anyways.

It all boils down to the same issue each time: the brass has no earthly idea what the process is for these stupid arrest avoidance procedures, or any other procedure they press upon us. They don't understand it takes multiple hours to complete these steps while calls hold and your zone partners get stuck picking up the slack. God forbid you get this call at 4 or 5 in the afternoon... there goes dinner with your family.

The easy solution is a criminal citation in mobile forms, get their fingerprint and signature, and off they go. Or if they think that is too simple, why not go back to doing a NTA and let the state do all the leg work for the case to be dropped to avoid the record. The worst part in my district is having the desk deputy run their history to ensure they are eligible. I sometimes wait a good hour or more just for that.

Unregistered
    Guys just remember the boss loves idiots just look around from top to bottom

Unregistered

the reason

Great post. Agreed.

You mentioned retail thefts. I personally feel they they are a money making scam and our resources are caught in the middle. With no leaders really looking at these calls. These retailers do NOTHING to prevent these petty offenses. No uniformed security, no checkpoints at the doors, and nothing proactive. They sit back, let it happen, they record it in video, and then go out and detain. Why do they not try to prevent it from the go or tell people to leave? Based on my conversations with LPO’s, they specifically want to make cases. Its a numbers game. They also, mail a “fine” to the defendants that that they must pay. Imagine that. We need to stop taking these BS calls.

To add on to the whole non essential units, how about get back to the basics and purge the fluff. Patrol and Property detectives are drowning. Why the hell are there 8 detectives assigned to Eye on crime? What do they do? I mean, when they see something on the camers, they call patrol to respond anyway. Most of the time when detectives make contact with a suspect, they call patrol for the arrest and paper anyway. How about lets dump these waste of time golden boy units and reinforce the basic pillars of a police department.
    The reason why your complaints are never addressed is because you do not use facts when you gripe. No one can take you seriously when everything your say is erroneous. There are plenty of people at the office would listen to what you have to say, and work towards a positive goal, if you took the time to educate yourself.
    1)retailers do not mail a "fine", it is called civil demand, and FSS allows for it: FSS 772.11
    2)please give the initials of one detective assigned to the eye on crime cameras, let me know where to apply when there is an opening, I bet you can't, not a single LE position number assigned there that I can see.

Unregistered
    Sounds all the same to me. Retailers making money off crimes against then that thay allow to happen. In my opinin, bait them to happen.

Detectives or not at eye on crime. It all still falls back on patrol. Patrol has not been increased in case eye on crime sees something. Same for tip 411. How about more deputies to keep an eye on crime directly instead of a band aid fix? What is the point of them seeing a crime through the cameras if patrol is x6 on BS and cant respond? Like a BS retail theft, crash, domestic, and so on.

Everyone sitting around in offices watching crime happen through cameras with no one to respond. All we do anymore is gather info. Just like these retailers, we have become all reactive. As mentioned in another post. We need to fix the pillars and get back to the basics.

They updated and painted the exterior and are adding tables and seats to the restaurant and even expanded the dining room and seating for more customers, but the kitchen remains the same size, there are the same amount of cooks, with the same amount of appliances. Looks fancy from the outside, but not from within. In the end the quality of the product crumbles. The poor solution by crappy managers would be to ride the employees harder to compensate. The cooks then burn out and quit, or they stay and dont give one crap! This is not rocket science.

Unregistered
    The reason why your complaints are never addressed is because you do not use facts when you gripe. No one can take you seriously when everything your say is erroneous. There are plenty of people at the office would listen to what you have to say, and work towards a positive goal, if you took the time to educate yourself.
    1)retailers do not mail a "fine", it is called civil demand, and FSS allows for it: FSS 772.11
    2)please give the initials of one detective assigned to the eye on crime cameras, let me know where to apply when there is an opening, I bet you can't, not a single LE position number assigned there that I can see.
    He's likely talking about the light duty detectives assigned to EOC. You see, they're much too important to take phone call reports in the Comm Center. Actually, come to think of it, I don't think any of the CSAs or LDDs take reports up in the Comm Center either.

Unregistered
    Sounds all the same to me. Retailers making money off crimes against then that thay allow to happen. In my opinin, bait them to happen.

Detectives or not at eye on crime. It all still falls back on patrol. Patrol has not been increased in case eye on crime sees something. Same for tip 411. How about more deputies to keep an eye on crime directly instead of a band aid fix? What is the point of them seeing a crime through the cameras if patrol is x6 on BS and cant respond? Like a BS retail theft, crash, domestic, and so on.

Everyone sitting around in offices watching crime happen through cameras with no one to respond. All we do anymore is gather info. Just like these retailers, we have become all reactive. As mentioned in another post. We need to fix the pillars and get back to the basics.

They updated and painted the exterior and are adding tables and seats to the restaurant and even expanded the dining room and seating for more customers, but the kitchen remains the same size, there are the same amount of cooks, with the same amount of appliances. Looks fancy from the outside, but not from within. In the end the quality of the product crumbles. The poor solution by crappy managers would be to ride the employees harder to compensate. The cooks then burn out and quit, or they stay and dont give one crap! This is not rocket science.
    There you go telling lies again.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456