Just take their guns away - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    ;-) sounds like the CSO thing might be a good idea since there is no argument or facts against it. Well I'm gonna run, while my CSO handles the crashes in my county, I'm gonna go do some proactive enforcement.
    DUI, reckless drivers, revoked drivers, theft, battery, assault, aggravated versions of both of those, domestic versions of both of those, kidnapping, false imprisonment, attempted murder, all of those are things I have handled as a Trooper. You are disrespectful to come to our message board and spew your misinformation. The guy that keeps calling you an idiot is correct and I have just told you why he is correct. Go say what you are saying here to the families of Troopers that made the ultimate sacrifice for the worthless people of this pathetic state. I bet you won't. You are a coward and an embarrassment to those of us who serve with pride and dignity. You are the epitome of a "pig".

Unregistered
    DUI, reckless drivers, revoked drivers, theft, battery, assault, aggravated versions of both of those, domestic versions of both of those, kidnapping, false imprisonment, attempted murder, all of those are things I have handled as a Trooper. You are disrespectful to come to our message board and spew your misinformation. The guy that keeps calling you an idiot is correct and I have just told you why he is correct. Go say what you are saying here to the families of Troopers that made the ultimate sacrifice for the worthless people of this pathetic state. I bet you won't. You are a coward and an embarrassment to those of us who serve with pride and dignity. You are the epitome of a "pig".
    I went to Orlando out of the Academy. I worked crashes all shift, every shift with few exceptions until I transferred. Thankfully, I do more now but for the time I was there I don't see how my job was all that different from an OPD CSO with the exception of making the arrest when needed as a result of the S4.

Unregistered
    I went to Orlando out of the Academy. I worked crashes all shift, every shift with few exceptions until I transferred. Thankfully, I do more now but for the time I was there I don't see how my job was all that different from an OPD CSO with the exception of making the arrest when needed as a result of the S4.
    Your mileage may vary depending on assignment and call volume. Our primary function is taking crash calls but that's certainly not all we do.

Unregistered
    I have yet to hear why CSO's cannot do the job of a trooper.....I have heard name calling, and attempted diversion. We all know the answer.
    I will pipe in on my perspective as a former Florida Deputy turned Trooper. I have made more felony arrests as a Troooer than I did as a deputy. The traffic stop leads to multiple things if you're looking. I worked for a Sheriff that did not want his deputies stopping constituents and writing citations. So very little traffic was worked by my former agency.
    The biggest difference I have seen is the public treats me as a Troooers with more respect than I received as a deputy.
    Not being disparaging to the work deputies perform, just my experiences. Peace!

Unregistered
    http://www.wftv.com/news/local/polic...ital/534970262

Just disband them as a law enforcement agency and make them a state wide non-sworn traffic crash enforcement agency. This would be similar to many cities that have "community service officers". If they encounter a criminal violation, they can call a real cop, as many Troopers do now anyways. Heck, most city Community Service Officers get paid more than Troopers. I think it would be a win-win.
    http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/31/us/flo...ing/index.html

Better take their guns away too.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...-man/22037593/

Get those too.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publics...calated/510234

Definitely need to disarm those cops too.

Unregistered
    Tell this to the Trooper who just called me the other day to take the battery that occurred in his presence between two people in a Signal 4.

Unregistered
    I'll agree with what some have posted. It depends on where you work. I too was Troop D Orlando, and did nothing but crashes all day. That being said, I'm in a more rural area now and have the freedom to go and be proactive. Just isn't a possibility for some people who work urban areas. They don't get the experience in how to do anything but crashes.

Unregistered
    Hold on folks. These guys might be on to something. What if FHP employed a CSO program to work crashes that didn't require LE? Not to REPLACE troopers but supplement them. Troopers could be proactive and actually do the job!

Unregistered
    Tell this to the Trooper who just called me the other day to take the battery that occurred in his presence between two people in a Signal 4.
    Call his Sergeant please, he needs to be better.

Unregistered
    Call his Sergeant please, he needs to be better.
    Ok i will tell it to his sgt, when you tell yours to stop
    Calling me for a signal 1 on a traffic stop and he had no idea how to do fst's. Yes the same drunk that will run your family over and kill them and then you want us to come work the fatal. oh even better tell your so or pd to start handling your own pursuits when you all chase for no reason and the violator kills an innocent person. I mean we can go on and on all night. Every agency and every leo has it functions. Where i work, i do more work than a deputy. We are the primary leo agency. Troop k. We handle everything! Besides murder. Turn it over to so and fdle. Other than that! Nothing gets turned over. Im a deputy/pd and trooper all at once buddy!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast