If you dont like the pay leave!!
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

If you dont like the pay leave!!

After watching all this *****ing for years about pay I offer this advice. You all knew what the pay was when you applied then come here and act shocked and insulted by it.

Second you all have FL LEO Certs LEAVE go apply elsewhere and find that pay you think you deserve!! If you just stay and complain then you are part of the problem.....

And before you whine about pensions and all that crap SO's and many city police agencies are on the same pension plan so you wont loose anything..

Stop complaining nobody is keeping you at FHP if your not a slug then apply elsewhere and earn that pay you think your worth.

PS> Before you attack me yes I think FHP is underpaid, but so is all state LEO and has been for 25+ years. WHen they got rid of the step plan in the 1990's spelled the doom of state LEO's. Realize its a fact of life do your two years then bounce!!!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    After watching all this *****ing for years about pay I offer this advice. You all knew what the pay was when you applied then come here and act shocked and insulted by it.

Second you all have FL LEO Certs LEAVE go apply elsewhere and find that pay you think you deserve!! If you just stay and complain then you are part of the problem.....

And before you whine about pensions and all that crap SO's and many city police agencies are on the same pension plan so you wont loose anything..

Stop complaining nobody is keeping you at FHP if your not a slug then apply elsewhere and earn that pay you think your worth.

PS> Before you attack me yes I think FHP is underpaid, but so is all state LEO and has been for 25+ years. WHen they got rid of the step plan in the 1990's spelled the doom of state LEO's. Realize its a fact of life do your two years then bounce!!!
    I agree with what your saying but I think your forgetting the whole purpose of this website is to allow people to come vent about issues plaguing
    their agencies. The biggest one here happens to be pay.

Unregistered

Have you ever heard of a thing called inflation? So by your line of thinking the pay you started out with should be the same pay you get after 20 or 30 years of service? I don't know if you have noticed but things just to survive increase in expense every year.

Unregistered
    When a Captain for another agency (aka middle management) makes more money than the Colonel (aka director of the entire highway patrol) that seems a bit off. I can't retire for what I currently make and expect to not have to work 1 or maybe even 2 jobs. The health insurance alone kills the dream of retirement meaning you can finally be done. If they offered to cover health insurance for life that would make some things a bit easier for some. In reality, the pay needs to be competitive for the state to survive. Sure there will be those die hard members but when you work more than 50 or 60 hrs a week and still can't save up despite only paying the absolute minimum living expenses that's a problem. Especially when I see others at agencies that back their officers (instead of attack) and they work 40 hrs a week for almost 80k a year, if not more, it creates a negative morale. Especially when the state has the money but won't acknowledge the workers they have. The state pay problems is not just FHP its all state employees being neglected by greedy politicians.

Unregistered
    Have you ever heard of a thing called inflation? So by your line of thinking the pay you started out with should be the same pay you get after 20 or 30 years of service? I don't know if you have noticed but things just to survive increase in expense every year.
    I agree with what your saying but FHP has been this way for 25 years!! So *****ing about it isnt going to change it.. You have the ability to seek employment elsewhere..

And to the comment about CAPT's making more than the COL. The COl makes like 144k ish yes there are Capts in FL that make that much but its not a base salary. Thats with OT, and Details..

Unregistered
    Actually it is base salary. They don't get OT at that level and the one i know doesn't work details if he is even permitted.

Unregistered
    Actually it is base salary. They don't get OT at that level and the one i know doesn't work details if he is even permitted.
    What agency? Post a link to the salary scale? I am sure there are some agencies that a capt will make 140 but it's rare. The OPD chief makes 180k OCSO Sheriff makes 175 so there is money to be made out there but it's not the norm for a capt to be making 140.

But post the agency or a link just cause you said you know a guy doesn't make it a fact.

Unregistered
    I agree with what your saying but I think your forgetting the whole purpose of this website is to allow people to come vent about issues plaguing
    their agencies. The biggest one here happens to be pay.
    This site has gotten why beyond a place to "vent" about issues. It has become a place of toxic vitriol like I have never seen. There is nothing but hate and disparaging remarks spread about everyone from the Colonel to some poor dispatcher who one of you losers got pissed off at.
    I guess because most of the people who post on here do not have the stones big enough to make changes or confront the right way and can hide.
    If you compare our site to others on LEO Affiars, we are apparently inundated with a large group of the most hateful, sorry, crying a$$ bunch of babies that ever put on a gun belt.
    Every leadership group going back to the start of the site is talked about and ridiculed. If most of you had the brain power and solutions you think you have; why are you not promoting and fixing your perceived problems with supervision. However, all you really do is make unsubstantiated comments about everything and everyone that solves nothing.
    You douche bags can now fire back at me and call me a koolaid drinker or the brass, while trying to justify your miserable positions All I really am is just a Trooper who is proud of our legacy and trying to do the job.

Unregistered
    This site has gotten why beyond a place to "vent" about issues. It has become a place of toxic vitriol like I have never seen. There is nothing but hate and disparaging remarks spread about everyone from the Colonel to some poor dispatcher who one of you losers got pissed off at.
    I guess because most of the people who post on here do not have the stones big enough to make changes or confront the right way and can hide.
    If you compare our site to others on LEO Affiars, we are apparently inundated with a large group of the most hateful, sorry, crying a$$ bunch of babies that ever put on a gun belt.
    Every leadership group going back to the start of the site is talked about and ridiculed. If most of you had the brain power and solutions you think you have; why are you not promoting and fixing your perceived problems with supervision. However, all you really do is make unsubstantiated comments about everything and everyone that solves nothing.
    You douche bags can now fire back at me and call me a koolaid drinker or the brass, while trying to justify your miserable positions All I really am is just a Trooper who is proud of our legacy and trying to do the job.
    You get what you pay for. You pay piss poor wages, you get piss poor "professionals". This legacy died many years ago.

Unregistered

1. It looks like they are leaving in droves based on the numbers in the recent newspaper articles.
    2. And I add the following. When you first get married, you think you know quite a bit about the your wife and maybe your mother-in-law too.

After a few years, they may turn out to be worse than planned, causing problems, a drain on the checking account, constantly fighting you, just a disappointment, etc.
    A lot like FHP.

Just because someone got hired at FHP (and had to sign a two year $10,000 reimbursement contract), we did not sign over all of our rights like when joining the US military.

FHP does not own its employees. They just act and think like it.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast