F. O. I. A.? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: F. O. I. A.?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    How would one go about making them give up public records? The obvious is an attorney but if they hold up every public record you could go broke fighting for your rights. Does anyone know if you win do the judge's make them pay your or your Attorneys fees? That maybe would curtail what they know they are illigally doing?
    If you file a lawsuit for FSS. 119 violations against FDLE and win, they will be forced to pay attorney fees and cost.

It would be very easy, as they generaly will not even look at a records request until 30 days later.

Unregistered
    FDLE will continue to not respond to Public Records Requests as long as they can get away with it. They appear to have no desire to comply within any reasonable time. For them, years to give a records request with zero true information being provided to the requestor is acceptable. Keep in mind, when FDLE requests records, they hold the records holder to strict timeframes!

There has been a rumor that FDLE tries to figure out who is making anonymous requests, even though requests are supposed to be anonymous by law. They are not interested in compliance, but figuring out who is doing the request, why they want it, and what damage it could do... and not transparency of state government!

This is the Agency that investigates Public Records Violations also! How crazy is that!

I would suggest reaching out to Pat Gleason, Special Counsel for Open Government at the Florida Attorney General's office and file a full complaint, (850) 245-0140, pat.gleason@myfloridalegal.com.

Unregistered
    FDLE's stance appears to be not to respond to anything if they don't have to- just like the RR case.

In the past, I don't believe they had as much to hide, but now they aren't so sure so holding out is their defense.

If you are so sure that your Agency has "INTEGRITY", you should not be worried about transparency!

Unregistered
    The new legal counsel sure has a way about him? Can't believe RS and company like this approach.

Unregistered
    The new legal counsel sure has a way about him? Can't believe RS and company like this approach.
    "newer", younger guy, yep. Has the new school mentality not shared by past administrations. It's a chicken-shit way of running a LE Legal department, especially one that claims to be "elite".

Unregistered
    Blah blah blah...

Unregistered
    Blah blah blah...
    This would qualify as an exquisite FDLE legal response for the current guy!!

Unregistered
    This would qualify as an exquisite FDLE legal response for the current guy!!
    I must disagree. This statement would be way above any sentence he could form. In other words it's out of his league.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12