Did they increase the starting salary?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

Did they increase the starting salary?

According to the latest low pay article we are "getting" a starting pay raise...

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    According to the latest low pay article we are "getting" a starting pay raise...
    http://www.miamiherald.com/news/loca...155349949.html

Unregistered
    Yes if you make under the starting salary you will get the raise. However, if you make just over it you will stay. So basically it's just causing more compression.

Unregistered
    Yes they did. When you get fitted for uniforms they now issue you a food stamp booklet.

Unregistered
    Yes they did. When you get fitted for uniforms they now issue you a food stamp booklet.
    Then why did you apply? Did an FHP Recruiter drag you kicking and screaming out of your bed at night and throw you in the Academy? Do any of you turds even know what service means anymore!

Unregistered

Thumbs up Really?

Then why did you apply? Did an FHP Recruiter drag you kicking and screaming out of your bed at night and throw you in the Academy? Do any of you turds even know what service means anymore!
    Sure service is great and all but it doesn't help pay the bills living on a absurdly low $34k salary.

Unregistered
    Service? Yeah I know exactly what that is/means. I also know what appreciating my service means. Which is why I'm going green. 10k raise, annual raises, better benefits and same retirement. I'm gonna serve the county with a huge smile, and in return they are gonna compensate me with a living wage.

Unregistered
    Service? Yeah I know exactly what that is/means. I also know what appreciating my service means. Which is why I'm going green. 10k raise, annual raises, better benefits and same retirement. I'm gonna serve the county with a huge smile, and in return they are gonna compensate me with a living wage.
    I'm going green too and not looking back! Bank account will be much improved! If service for the one poster is so important why don't they work for free? The Col and the brass could take a pay cut until the patrol is back on it's feet! Give the saved money to the grunts! How's that for service?

Unregistered
    I'm going green too and not looking back! Bank account will be much improved! If service for the one poster is so important why don't they work for free? The Col and the brass could take a pay cut until the patrol is back on it's feet! Give the saved money to the grunts! How's that for service?
    You think cutting a few thousand dollars from "the brass" is going to make a difference to the grunts; really? How small minded are you? A self centered response such as that leads me to believe you will not be happy anywhere.

For those of you who are wanting to leave for more money, good for you, and good luck. However there are Troopers you are leaving behind that want to make a difference and will continue to serve, regardless of what you do. Why hate?

Unregistered
    You think cutting a few thousand dollars from "the brass" is going to make a difference to the grunts; really? How small minded are you? A self centered response such as that leads me to believe you will not be happy anywhere.

For those of you who are wanting to leave for more money, good for you, and good luck. However there are Troopers you are leaving behind that want to make a difference and will continue to serve, regardless of what you do. Why hate?
    Two sayings come to mind...."you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink." Also, "you can't fix stupid."

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast