Hiring Questions

Unregistered

Hiring Questions

Im in the Marine Corps and I get out soon after 5 years, I've been talking to Venice PD, Manatee County, and Charlotte County Sheriffs a lot but recently heard from North Port PD, I was curious about starting pay and benefits and how North Port stacks up compared to agencies in the area. I also know a lot of changes are going on with North Port, Chain of Command wise, is it for better or worse?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Im in the Marine Corps and I get out soon after 5 years, I've been talking to Venice PD, Manatee County, and Charlotte County Sheriffs a lot but recently heard from North Port PD, I was curious about starting pay and benefits and how North Port stacks up compared to agencies in the area. I also know a lot of changes are going on with North Port, Chain of Command wise, is it for better or worse?
    Do yourself a favor, CCSO sucks, Venice is ok, kind of beach cop thing going on, Manatee, money is good, Sarasota county also good. NPPD is a good old boy run organization, Chief is a liar and he only has a GED, Ass Chief certified unfit and well you get the idea. Working here is just a job and is ok, unless you piss someone off, then you are history. Money and bennies suck, always shorthanded and you run your a$$ off. City PD's suck in Fla except for Tampa, Naples pays the money also. Sheriffs is the way to go, more money, better retirement

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Do yourself a favor, CCSO sucks, Venice is ok, kind of beach cop thing going on, Manatee, money is good, Sarasota county also good. NPPD is a good old boy run organization, Chief is a liar and he only has a GED, Ass Chief certified unfit and well you get the idea. Working here is just a job and is ok, unless you piss someone off, then you are history. Money and bennies suck, always shorthanded and you run your a$$ off. City PD's suck in Fla except for Tampa, Naples pays the money also. Sheriffs is the way to go, more money, better retirement
    I am only a citizen and I wish I could call the above post untrue.. I cant.

What I can add is that while we are going through some changes at City Hall and in our Public Service depts.. the good news is, we are. The new Commission is reopening the contracts to look for ways to be more equitable to our first responders. It is a great place to start but is only a start. We have a new City Manager recruiting a new Chief to help us right the wrongs and move us forward. It is a very, very good thing.

North Port is a great city to raise a family as compared to some of the above. More affordable and dead center between SRQ and RSW, so 45 minutes to anything you could possible want to do on your off days.. Low crime rates, lots of green space, the community cares and stands behind the men and women who serve and protect the City.

I appreciate your service to our country. NPPD is always looking for a few good men and women to build our force. I do hope you will apply and come be part of the change our new Leaders will bring!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Gibson View Post
    I am only a citizen and I wish I could call the above post untrue.. I cant.

What I can add is that while we are going through some changes at City Hall and in our Public Service depts.. the good news is, we are. The new Commission is reopening the contracts to look for ways to be more equitable to our first responders. It is a great place to start but is only a start. We have a new City Manager recruiting a new Chief to help us right the wrongs and move us forward. It is a very, very good thing.

North Port is a great city to raise a family as compared to some of the above. More affordable and dead center between SRQ and RSW, so 45 minutes to anything you could possible want to do on your off days.. Low crime rates, lots of green space, the community cares and stands behind the men and women who serve and protect the City.

I appreciate your service to our country. NPPD is always looking for a few good men and women to build our force. I do hope you will apply and come be part of the change our new Leaders will bring!
    Wishful thinking, but the sole purpose of the farewell tour is to insure Vespia's people will be entrenched. Change is just not going to happen. One question, why has the city not solicited for another chief, simply because they know who they want and he already works here. This police administration is an incestuous cesspool, led by inept, incompetent special ed GED Chief. But to his credit, he is likened to a ****roach, he just thrives and cant be destroyed. Stay away from here, go to the sheriff, city PD's are well corrupt and well look at Punta Gorda, ft myers and all the problems we have had here. Do urself a favor, become a deputy or go to Tampa etc North Port is a nice place to live, but you don't want to work here.