Tracking the forum - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Unregistered

Wth

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    If you look at the 1st/Lt who just retired with more than 50 years, he said if you love the job, you'll never work a day in your life.
    Who the hell worked here for 50 years? Pure hell.

Unregistered
    They are referring to 1st LT Leon Gill. He's truly an FHP legend!

Unregistered
    Those that have been here more than a minute know it's nothing new. It's been going on for a long time with FHP. It's the iron fist, don't give a crap about the people management style.

I agree, our retention problems are a direct reflection of the management style, and less about the money issues. If you look at the 1st/Lt who just retired with more than 50 years, he said if you love the job, you'll never work a day in your life.

The number of ridiculously minor reasons FHP tarnishes good people's records with formal investigations never ceases to amaze me. They will take any ****amamie clown idea and run with it just for the heck of it.
    There's no common sense threshold of 'Hey, that can be settled another way'

I don't think it's to stall anyone's hiring process anywhere else. It's just how ignorant, self-centered and egotistical FHP is all the time.

They really should revamp who has the authority to initiate investigations and put some limitations on it. Or use more supervisor inquiries instead of formal investigations.
    I wonder if some of the brass is moderating? They probably wouldn't even tell em they work for FHP.

Unregistered
    I wonder if some of the brass is moderating? They probably wouldn't even tell em they work for FHP.
    Why don't you do a public records request to find out how much doesn't make it past the inquiry level. You'd probably be surprised from what I hear.

Unregistered
    Can you imagine is Major Grape Juice sent an email about this forum: "We have experienced a salary increase. I expect two posts on this forum per hour. This is not a quota but an expectation to drive down the number of spies, hackers and individuals using ransomware to demand your 208 money be sent thru bitcoin. Malware is at an all time high and we must drive these numbers down. Also, salute me in the hallway and don't expect me to acknowledge your existence. You are on the front lines keyboard warriors, you can make a difference."

Troop H peeps may find this funny as they saw the email.

Unregistered
    Can you imagine is Major Grape Juice sent an email about this forum: "We have experienced a salary increase. I expect two posts on this forum per hour. This is not a quota but an expectation to drive down the number of spies, hackers and individuals using ransomware to demand your 208 money be sent thru bitcoin. Malware is at an all time high and we must drive these numbers down. Also, salute me in the hallway and don't expect me to acknowledge your existence. You are on the front lines keyboard warriors, you can make a difference."

Troop H peeps may find this funny as they saw the email.
    We've all seen the email because someone screenshoted the email and sent it to a news outlet. FHPs dark secret of a quota has finally come out. Wonder how they will address this, but I hope it stays in the media for a long time. Another Waldo PD?

Unregistered
    We've all seen the email because someone screenshoted the email and sent it to a news outlet. FHPs dark secret of a quota has finally come out. Wonder how they will address this, but I hope it stays in the media for a long time. Another Waldo PD?
    Why would you "hope it stays in the media for a long time"? Too much hate in you little boy. The longer there's negative media about FHP, the worse the Patrol looks to the public and legislators who are already looking at possibly transferring duties in some counties to sheriffs' offices. Just do your job!

Unregistered
    Why would you "hope it stays in the media for a long time"? Too much hate in you little boy. The longer there's negative media about FHP, the worse the Patrol looks to the public and legislators who are already looking at possibly transferring duties in some counties to sheriffs' offices. Just do your job!
    Probably because it wasn't even a trooper who wrote that. Food for thought-there are some miserable troopers out there, but this forum isn't an accurate reflection of how many or to what degree. Most troopers aren't actually on here.

Unregistered
    Everybody knows troopers can't keep secrets. A email like that is gonna spread around like crazy. with all the people that have been screwed over by the patrol, one of them was bound to say something

Unregistered
    If this thread is truly monitored by the brass in Tallahassee, then good. While most on here is trash, there is some truth behind most of it. Where there is smoke, there is fire. You just have to look hard enough.

For example, look a little harder in Jacksonville. A newly transferred Captain just up and decides to resign? What? Major told his guys in class that Hall was resigning for personal reasons. Seriously? You are an idiot, sir. (with salute)
    You think we believe that? Now look at you, can't even keep your story straight. Your BS is spilling over because you can't remember what you said an hour ago. Let me ask a few questions that I have heard bouncing around......

1. Resignation effective August 31st? Then he didn't resign, he gave his 2 1/2 week notice. Or maybe Admin Leave for the investigation?
    2. Then why did you pick up his equipment? Never heard that someone's equipment is immediately picked up for a resignation to come later.
    3. Hall backed into a pole in his new FHP Expedition? Where's the crash report?
    4. Why did you drive him home after the alleged "not a crash?" Don't you have spares in Jacksonville?
    5. Was he DUI on duty? (Ah, light bulbs are going off now)
    6. Did you think he was DUI? Why did you request a PBT? Did he blow? (no pun intended)
    7. Why was he asked not to talk to other employees about the "incident" (BTW, he's talking)
    8. Why have other employees stopped talking about the "incident?" (some are talking, others are not)
    9. Did you threaten them? (I've heard you can't talk about open investigations or your discipline will follow)
    10. Exactly, what are the "Personal Reasons" for his resignation? Oh, maybe we heard you wrong and you really said "Personnel Reasons." That makes more sense. (hard of hearing from years of road noise)

Either way, I will continue to write the same quota you have presented to your troop as well. Don't worry, you can hide behind Welch on that one. However, one day......your troopers will finally say, enough is enough and hang you out to dry. Why? Because that is exactly what you are doing to them......great example sir! (with salute)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123