Motorcycles, ATVs, scooter driver violators out of control
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unregistered

Motorcycles, ATVs, scooter driver violators out of control

The current level of violators driving race motorcycles, ATVs and scooters in this county has become an epidemic. Drive down any street and there is some moron popping wheelies in neighborhoods, driving the wrong way on streets full of kids and elderly citizens. Downright dangerous. We need tougher laws to combat this epidemic. Chasing them is now out of the question, perhaps photographing and identifying drivers for later citing and prosecution is the answer. This topic is worthwhile discussing and pursuing for the safety of pur citizens.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    The current level of violators driving race motorcycles, ATVs and scooters in this county has become an epidemic. Drive down any street and there is some moron popping wheelies in neighborhoods, driving the wrong way on streets full of kids and elderly citizens. Downright dangerous. We need tougher laws to combat this epidemic. Chasing them is now out of the question, perhaps photographing and identifying drivers for later citing and prosecution is the answer. This topic is worthwhile discussing and pursuing for the safety of pur citizens.
    Papo pero they do not want you to do anything, when they say no chase then DO NOT CHASE. Let them run wildly through the DADE county streets. I honestly see them and turn on the first corner i see. Does it bother me? No it does not.. if they let them get away with it then it is better for me! I do not have to engage looking to get hurt. 09 and 06.

Unregistered

Really

Your a MORON, retardo, stupid NFG, or a citizen who can't get cops to his stop sign to write tickets on request. Or better yet your one of them cowards who takes a 19 on the way to a 2 3 25 A or hold up, or Domestic call after your other officer takes an arrival, plenty of those around. Or you drive around in the wrong directions or stopped on the phone while units pass you on a 2 and 3 where your the primary. The friends and family cowards, god do we have so many and get a pass every time it's brought up to supervisors.

And yes we're understaffed, overworked, outnumbered, and looking to go home everyday.

Call FHP if you want tickets written dumb arse, or gonwork for them MORON.

Unregistered
    Papo pero they do not want you to do anything, when they say no chase then DO NOT CHASE. Let them run wildly through the DADE county streets. I honestly see them and turn on the first corner i see. Does it bother me? No it does not.. if they let them get away with it then it is better for me! I do not have to engage looking to get hurt. 09 and 06.
    Let me get this straight. The above poster brings up a serious issue about a matter that can result in the death of one of your kids or neighbors and your response is that of a 12 year old with a badge. Rise above the corruption brother, do your job and lookout for life and property. That is what you signed up for.

Unregistered
    no report 09... very simple

Unregistered
    Let me get this straight. The above poster brings up a serious issue about a matter that can result in the death of one of your kids or neighbors and your response is that of a 12 year old with a badge. Rise above the corruption brother, do your job and lookout for life and property. That is what you signed up for.
    Please excuse the lack of tact of the previous poster and allow me to explain.
    The courts have ruled very harshly against police chases and the events triggered by said chases.
    The liberal courts, in their infinite wisdom, have ruled that the police is pushing that person who they are chasing and that any accidents or mishaps are civilly charged to the police.
    In the case of a very unstable vehicle such as a ATV at speed, a chase could easily result in a serious accident severely injuring the operator. The same goes for a motorcycle at 100 MPH weaving in and out of traffic; how many lives would I put at risk in the pursuit of a traffic violator.
    Sadly you are partially responsible. You vote and elect Liberal judges, parents don't use good judgement and control their kids behavior, you purchase an ATV for your pre-teen knowing that there is no place to ride it but the streets and then you want us to perform miracles.
    Just a reality check, no disrespect meant.

Unregistered
    The courts have ruled very harshly against police chases and the events triggered by said chases.
    The liberal courts, in their infinite wisdom, have ruled that the police is pushing that person who they are chasing and that any accidents or mishaps are civilly charged to the police.
    In the case of a very unstable vehicle such as a ATV at speed, a chase could easily result in a serious accident severely injuring the operator. The same goes for a motorcycle at 100 MPH weaving in and out of traffic; how many lives would I put at risk in the pursuit of a traffic violator.
    Sadly you are partially responsible. You vote and elect Liberal judges, parents don't use good judgement and control their kids behavior, you purchase an ATV for your pre-teen knowing that there is no place to ride it but the streets and then you want us to perform miracles.
    Good response! Time to re-read Florida Supreme Court finding in CITY OF PINELLAS PARK v. BROWN July 23, 1992. See below excerpts:

"We think the rule is that the officer should take such steps as may be necessary to apprehend the offender but, in doing so, not exceed proper and rational bounds nor act in a negligent, careless or wanton manner."

"We do not suggest, however, that the police must allow every lawbreaker to escape merely because a hot pursuit is occurring. Deference will be shown to the reasonable decisions of law officers to maintain pursuit of certain offenders who are reasonably thought to be violent or to pose a danger to the public at large. What is required is for police to use reasonable means in light of the nature of the offense and threats to safety involved. For example, a high-speed chase is likely to be justifiable if its object is a gang of armed and violent felons who probably will harm others. As we have stated elsewhere, deference will be shown to police conduct when officers must choose between two different risks that both will adversely affect public safety."

http://www.leagle.com/decision/19921...K%20v.%20BROWN

Unregistered
    Please read the comment once again. The poster is not asking us to chase the violator. I believe he is more concerned about having our department devise a system of detection where the violators would be identified and cited at a later time without chasing and putting citizens or officers at risk. That could be easily done with UC vehicles and an advertisement campaign for citizens to report areas and instances where these violations occur more frequently. More stringent laws and seizure of these vehicles would start to make an impact right away.

Unregistered
    Please read the comment once again. The poster is not asking us to chase the violator. I believe he is more concerned about having our department devise a system of detection where the violators would be identified and cited at a later time without chasing and putting citizens or officers at risk. That could be easily done with UC vehicles and an advertisement campaign for citizens to report areas and instances where these violations occur more frequently. More stringent laws and seizure of these vehicles would start to make an impact right away.
    Been there, done that, got the t shirt.
    We were involved in an operation years back with FWC and IGB using the FWC helicopter as an aerial surveillance platform.
    The very moment they see the green & white or the IGB trucks the chase was on.
    FWC video the whole incident from the helicopter and presented it in Tallahassee to illustrate the problem.
    This is far more complicated than people think and it has to do with a total disregard to the law and the police.

Unregistered

mr goodwrench

100 pound test fishing line
    stretched across the roadway in multiple spots (side road, not interstate) would work fine.
    about 12-16 inches above the road.
    wont hurt the riders too much (maybe like a bee sting when snaps)
    the line will snap and the now loose monofilament will get caught by the tires/wheels
    and will eventually (very shortly actually) wrap around the vehicle's hubs
    the heat generated by continuing to ride (this will not make them fall off)
    will liquefy the monofilament and cause it to get into the hubs/bearings
    and they wont be riding that cycle or ATV for awhile
    (until they replace/rebuild the hubs--& what's the odds that these idiots even know how to do that?)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    besides, most cops like "fishing" anyway, don't they?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast