Disband FDLE and reassign to Highway Patrol - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Unregistered

It is what it is

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    If you talk to older cops, they will tell you FDLE was an Agency full of experienced, highly respected cops. Blame it on whatever you want (low pay, administration running people off, appointments into positions instead of earning it, lower caliber applicants/thin pool of good applicants, etc.) for it not being the same. But it definitely is not what it used to be.

Now we don't call FDLE for anything and they really aren't needed. They certainly don't have an expert to call on anything that would be better than most have in-house. The Lab may be the exception. This is why combining with FHP to create a full State Agency would be worth looking at. Most of the troopers out there are just as good if not better at police work, and they can be trained to investigate just like anyone else. They could then take their slugs and put them in the less mentally demanding positions.

Doubt it would ever happen though. But who knows in a year or two under a new Governor.
    The problem is that FHP troopers have a more para-military mindset embedded in them (plus, right?)

With that being said, most troopers won’t be able to properly investigate a simple domestic battery incident where the subject, (typically a woman) claims she was battered (self inflicted wounds, conflicting statements, lack of independent witnesses) and will charge to arrest the wrong person.

FHP doesn’t do investigations past traffic crashes. They only do traffic related homicides, don’t expect them to handle a shooting on the I95.

Unregistered
    The problem is that FHP troopers have a more para-military mindset embedded in them (plus, right?)

With that being said, most troopers won’t be able to properly investigate a simple domestic battery incident where the subject, (typically a woman) claims she was battered (self inflicted wounds, conflicting statements, lack of independent witnesses) and will charge to arrest the wrong person.

FHP doesn’t do investigations past traffic crashes. They only do traffic related homicides, don’t expect them to handle a shooting on the I95.
    Troopers have more self-respect and dignity than any liar wanna be fed in all of FDLE

Unregistered
    LOL !!!! Now that’s a jewel

Unregistered

Huh???

Quote Originally Posted by unregistered View Post
    lol !!!! Now that’s a jewel
    que????????????

Unregistered
    FDLE is compromised of mostly Agents that came from small agencies and retirees looking to pay the alimony they owe from the affair they had late in their career. The higher-ups appear to be narcissistic douche-bags that were the best of the worst that just happened to know someone or were aligned correctly.

So yes, FDLE is no longer any better than FHP. The guys at FHP want to be there and have loyalty to their troop and their job without all the ulterior motives you see from the FDLE powder puffs.

Unregistered
    FDLE is nothing more than inept cops with a badge to lie

Unregistered
    FDLE is nothing more than inept cops with a badge to lie
    Does miss lost her immunity ring a bell? Liar, thief and afraid of her shadow. Please I need pole cameras, I lied so now I'm scared. Tell the truth Smelly, it will set you free. While your at it be honest with your husband about your true desires.

Unregistered

FHP has been working crimes occurring on the highways beyond fatalities. That being said, they do not work major crimes as that is not their mission or legislatively mandated responsibility.
    Combining FHP and FDLE might make sense, but it has been thwarted every time, primarily by the sheriffs. FDLE is a great organization and they too suffer from the lack of pay raises and resulting recruitment problems. I worked over 30 years with FHP and always had a good experience working with FDLE on issues of mutual concern.

Unregistered
    FHP has been working crimes occurring on the highways beyond fatalities. That being said, they do not work major crimes as that is not their mission or legislatively mandated responsibility.
    Combining FHP and FDLE might make sense, but it has been thwarted every time, primarily by the sheriffs. FDLE is a great organization and they too suffer from the lack of pay raises and resulting recruitment problems. I worked over 30 years with FHP and always had a good experience working with FDLE on issues of mutual concern.
    it's the people left there in part due to low pay raises, but a lot of it has to do with horrid unqualified leadership that runs the place like a high school cheerleader squad.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234