Disband FDLE and reassign to Highway Patrol - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    FHP "real cops." That's a good one! Needed a good laugh today and you provided it! Now get out on the road you knuckle head and write a speeding ticket. You are WELL behind in your quota and I'd hate to see you get fired because you are not exercising your outstanding "real cop" skills!!!

FHS real police...BAHAHAHAHAHAHA...I don't care who you are, know THAT's funny!!
    FHP LAW Enforcement Procedures ManualChapter 1:

Step 1 - Point radar gun at approaching car.
    Step 2 - Pull trigger.
    Step 3 - Read display.
    Step 4 - Get back in car, pull over speeding "criminal."
    Step 5 - Write speeding ticket.
    Step 6 - Repeat Steps 1 through 5 for eight hours.
    Step 7 - Go on a message board and crow about your "law enforcement prowess" while nocking other agencies.

Unregistered
    FHP LAW Enforcement Procedures ManualChapter 1:

Step 1 - Point radar gun at approaching car.
    Step 2 - Pull trigger.
    Step 3 - Read display.
    Step 4 - Get back in car, pull over speeding "criminal."
    Step 5 - Write speeding ticket.
    Step 6 - Repeat Steps 1 through 5 for eight hours.
    Step 7 - Go on a message board and crow about your "law enforcement prowess" while nocking other agencies.
    Remind me again how many FDLE Paper pushers have been killed in the line of Duty and then we'll talk about who has a real LEO job.

Unregistered
    Remind me again how many FDLE Paper pushers have been killed in the line of Duty and then we'll talk about who has a real LEO job.
    Ever had a paper cut? Broke a nail pulling a staple from a report? Spill your cappuccino while trying to balance your phone and keys in one hand and pushing the elevator button with the other? I didn't think so. Ever sit down at your desk only to find one of your co-workers moved your tape dispenser? Have to wait for the rain to stop before getting out of the car??? Find the snack bar closed? I didn't think so. Being an agent in an agency that really isn't responsible for anything is stressful. Don't judge me.

Unregistered
    Isn't more than one line of duty death enough? I know the family and they greive every single day.

Your post was way out of line.

Unregistered
    Ever had a paper cut? Broke a nail pulling a staple from a report? Spill your cappuccino while trying to balance your phone and keys in one hand and pushing the elevator button with the other? I didn't think so. Ever sit down at your desk only to find one of your co-workers moved your tape dispenser? Have to wait for the rain to stop before getting out of the car??? Find the snack bar closed? I didn't think so. Being an agent in an agency that really isn't responsible for anything is stressful. Don't judge me.
    Let me help. The post above is what is called "sarcasm" This was a sarcastic response to the post above it. No one was implying anything other than the absurdity of comparing sacrifices.

Unregistered
    Isn't more than one line of duty death enough? I know the family and they greive every single day.

Your post was way out of line.
    What family?

Unregistered
    What family?
    He/she knows "the family". Lol. Like the Italian mafia.

Junior Member LEO Affairs Rookie

Disband FDLE and reassign to Highway P

He only took a quick glance at the mess before he was looking around for his mother. "Mum? You in here?"

Unregistered

Bwahaha!

You fool! Only a FDLE reject would say such a thing. That is the dumbest thing to do.

FHP does what they do best on the highways (and thats it). FDLE is an INVESTIGATIVE agency. FHP does not conduct major investigations, only traffic related.

CAPICHE?

Unregistered
    If you talk to older cops, they will tell you FDLE was an Agency full of experienced, highly respected cops. Blame it on whatever you want (low pay, administration running people off, appointments into positions instead of earning it, lower caliber applicants/thin pool of good applicants, etc.) for it not being the same. But it definitely is not what it used to be.

Now we don't call FDLE for anything and they really aren't needed. They certainly don't have an expert to call on anything that would be better than most have in-house. The Lab may be the exception. This is why combining with FHP to create a full State Agency would be worth looking at. Most of the troopers out there are just as good if not better at police work, and they can be trained to investigate just like anyone else. They could then take their slugs and put them in the less mentally demanding positions.

Doubt it would ever happen though. But who knows in a year or two under a new Governor.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast