Something to think about
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Peace and Love

Something to think about

While I was sitting at a Police Memorial, honoring those who served and paid with their lives, I was hit with an with lightening bolt of sorts. Looking at the families of the fallen Heroes sitting there and looking for closure, was tough. It occurred to me that they would never hear how their Loved One's day went. They would never hear the "war stories" told by someone that was actually there. I couldn't help but think that at the service that laid their Hero to rest, not a cross word was said about them. As I sat there in reflection, it came to me that I should never have a cross word for any of my coworkers again. I shouldn't judge or speculate about what they did or why they did it. I should speak about them in a manner that would show respect, no matter how different our experience or lives may be. I describe myself as sarcastic and quick to offer a quip. I have been critical of coworkers that had an opinion opposed to mine. It took sitting at that service to realize I only need to please those I love, with the hope that I too be remembered with love and respect. I can help make this a better place and pledge to do just that.

Peace Be With You.

Unregistered
    Hope others read this and heed the advice. Well said. Thanks!

Unregistered
    Where is our BIOYA guy? Was looking for further clarification on this post.

Unregistered
    Everyone has their cross to bear. It is not my responsibility to pass judgement upon them for what I may have (in the past) perceived as a shortcoming. Kindness doesn't cost anything and the rewards are immeasurable.

Unregistered
    Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.

Mother T and my LT.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.

Mother T and my LT.
    The level of our success is limited only by our imagination and no act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.

Aesop

Reflective

The Best Job in Florida

I appreciate the opportunity to be a law enforcement officer but more importantly I recognize and appreciate this agency. I have been blessed with great supervisors, co-workers and management. I have obtained training not possible in other agencies. I have high risk retirement. I have freedom of movement and freedom to spend extra effort to pursue those worthy of my attention. I have flexibility in schedules and the ability to be with family. In exchange, I am asked to be honest and fair. I am asked to work for my pay. I haven't always been a big supporter of some people or policies but when I back up and take a look, I get more from this job than most law enforcement officers get from theirs. ABT has been very good to me.

Unregistered
    The lack of posts tells me things are pretty good. I would add things are the best they have been in 20 years. The Team we have are good people and do the best they can given the parameters of state bureaucracy. When people don't come to a public forum to air their issues that tells me they have no issues and what they perceive as issues are being handled. All great news. If you don't agree, take a look at some of the other posts at other agencies. We are blessed. I love this agency and my job and I appreciate those above me that care as much as I do.

Unregistered
    We're all just waiting for Monday when a lot of the brass get there "thank you for your service but your not longer needed" letters.

Unregistered
    This is the best job in the best agency in Florida. Thanks to director and deputy director this is a place worth being proud of. I hope each of you come to appreciate where we are and where we are going.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast