63 new Troopers for FHP today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

63 new Troopers for FHP today

I'm glad to see FHP getting some help but wonder how much will last. Lol

Unregistered

Lol

People are always leaving and they're always hiring.

Unregistered
    For the 60 that started today, 30 will leave.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    For the 60 that started today, 30 will leave.
    And 30 more will be gone within two months or so from getting fired, retired or hired elsewhere.

Just kicking the can down the road.
    Using a bucket in a sinking ship.

Getting the Legislature on our side is the key to getting the problem fixed. Having them do ride a longs, come out and see the carnage we handle, the NOK's, good arrests while working without any backup, etc.

They have no idea it's as bad as it is because each administration has to politically sugar coat it.

Unregistered
    Fng joke sending them where they want to go and not sending them where they are needed. I'm writing a couple sheriffs and some legislators / this is total mismanagement at it's finest!!!

Unregistered
    Fng joke sending them where they want to go and not sending them where they are needed. I'm writing a couple sheriffs and some legislators / this is total mismanagement at it's finest!!!
    Look, I agree it kinda sucks and when I came one we didn't have a choice. With that being said, if it means we get to at least keep some bodies by sending them where they want to go, it works. The whole purpose is to send these people home with the hopes they will stay with the agency and fill some of the vacancie rather than just pushing bodies through that will leave to go home in a year.

We will have another two years of crappy hiring and support until that study returns the same results the last three did. More troopers and more pay. Plus, the next two years management is going to expect more from less.

Unregistered
    Hiring sucks. From what I hear the next graduating class is 1/3 the size of this one.

Unregistered

Only 1/3

Hiring sucks. From what I hear the next graduating class is 1/3 the size of this one.
    that's crazy what do you think they should do to fix there problem?

Unregistered
    The solution is to advocate strongly for pay. Not 5% but a structured step plan to give our senior Troopers a reason to stay and our rookies something to look forward to.
    One way to get the legislatures attention from the PBA would be a billboard campaign that says we are the lowest paid Troopers in the nation.

Unregistered
    Geez! All these threads are the same....pay sucks, what can we do to fix this sh!thole agency, and put up billboards.
    Newsflash. Nobody outside FHP gives a damn about FHP. Step plans ain't gonna happen. The PBA isn't fighting for FHP. Legislators don't care, the public doesn't care and 1000 billboards isn't gonna change it.
    Stay employed here, and 5 years from now you are still gonna be posting the same complaints and wants and needs. Jump off this merry go round. Go to county or city department.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast