I came here from another agency with high expectations and I have to say I've been highly disappointed by the lack of leadership at this agency. I am not just talking about the things I've seen but the things I haven't seen in our command staff. There is a huge lack of communication and interaction from the Chief and Captains between the officers. I have never seen the Patrol Captain after 1700 hours unless it was for one of his closed door meetings. Being a Patrolman on nights you only see a Sergeant. It hasn't taken me long to see that the Patrol Captain's absence from keeping tabs on the day to day events within his division are to blame for the lastest leadership downfall.*

It will be unfortunate for this agency and all the hard working officers if a demotion isn't swiftly enforced. I hope the Chief stands by the very same core ethics and morals he has bestowed upon us. The fact that this unfolded less then a month after our last debacle is inexcusable. If claiming PTSD is the reason for breaking so many polices you have to question that person's ability to lead and supervise. We have plenty of war combat veterans within our agency that have seen far worse and would not abuse such a serious diagnosis. I don't want to see this open the door for future excuses when someone breaks policy.*

It's unsettling to think this will be handled with the same unattentive and unthorough approach as the prior incidences in the past involving other officers. The outcome of this will determine my decision to stay here or go elsewhere.