Considering FHP No LEO Exp. - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I guess it's really up to what type of work I want to do first of all day to day. I don't see what the big deal is working OT, most people do it. I found out if you work Hillsborough or Pinellas, start at little under 39k. I would say OT you could make 45 per year. I don't see that as all that bad. These days, the wife has to work to so shit I can't expect for me to pull in all this cash by myself LOL

I'm a 29 y/o AF reservist looking for a career change, office work does not pay if you don't have a freaking masters degree. I am pretty sure I know what I'm getting into esp workplace "politics" and the "click" bullshat.

Y'all are awesome for providing information for me in this next journey to protect and serve the public. Anymore reviews is greatly appreciated.
    Yeah, but if you worked at Hillsborough SO or Pinellas SO, you would start at 45k, get ANNUAL raises, free health benefits, and make WAY more with OT/extra duty. Run my friend. Go local.....

Unregistered
    Yeah, but if you worked at Hillsborough SO or Pinellas SO, you would start at 45k, get ANNUAL raises, free health benefits, and make WAY more with OT/extra duty. Run my friend. Go local.....
    Free health insurance!!! You must not have looked at their benefits package. Pinellas is $698 for just health. Also, pay raises have been frozen there cause county is on a hiring freeze for non Crictial jobs. Also! They don't pay regular Ot so you can do off duty jobs for less than what we make on our 208....and no one start the rumor that their 208 goes towards your pension. Not tru.

Honestly, do your research before you spout out shit. Local is better in some ways, starting pay is definitely one. Benefits however, are no where near the state, especially for a family.

Unregistered
    Free health insurance!!! You must not have looked at their benefits package. Pinellas is $698 for just health. Also, pay raises have been frozen there cause county is on a hiring freeze for non Crictial jobs. Also! They don't pay regular Ot so you can do off duty jobs for less than what we make on our 208....and no one start the rumor that their 208 goes towards your pension. Not tru.

Honestly, do your research before you spout out shit. Local is better in some ways, starting pay is definitely one. Benefits however, are no where near the state, especially for a family.
    I get AF reserve health insurance, that's the least concern for me at this point. You all are hitting some really freaking good points!

Unregistered

Do you work for FHP?

Unregistered

Long term disability, short term disability, life insurance, are all provided by Pinellas. The gold plan health insurance is $73 for single coverage, $421 for family coverage.
    If you have experience they will give you sign on bonus and relocation bonus. They will start you at up to Step 5 in the pay grade with 5 years experience.
    There are severa local agencies that offer WAY better benefits than the State of Florida...several that DO in fact pay 100% of benefits. My father in law works at Charlotte County SO. They pay 100% of his health care.

Unregistered
    Do you work for FHP?
    Of course he does! Can't you detect the fan boy attitude in his post? He is still trying to convince himself that FHP is elite and no where else can compare.

Unregistered

Genius do your homework....I left FHP and went to Pinellas S.O....Everything is better here, pay, benefits, etc. $698.....Do your homework. I wont even respond to that nonsense

Unregistered
    Genius do your homework....I left FHP and went to Pinellas S.O....Everything is better here, pay, benefits, etc. $698.....Do your homework. I wont even respond to that nonsense
    Bazinga! Can't wait to see fanboys reply!

Unregistered
    So I did some research

PCSO insurance
    Member + Family : 595
    Dental M+Family : 45
    Vision M+ Family: 10

Unregistered
    So I did some research

PCSO insurance
    Member + Family : 595
    Dental M+Family : 45
    Vision M+ Family: 10
    So not quite the $698 being said but it's still $650 that's more than what the state employees pay.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast