Sgt. Spencer ross deglecting his duties and violating fhp policy
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Road Trooper

Sgt. Spencer ross deglecting his duties and violating fhp policy

Sgt. Ross next time you do a traffic stop, could you please don't negelct your duties and the law you swore to uphold. If you do a traffic stop and the violator has drugs, could you please handle the traffic stop and not call for back up. Yes back up, and then turned the traffic stop over to another trooper. Just because you were in BOI and don't know how to do the job, that doesn't give you the right to screw a fellow trooper. I would hope the next time you call for back up that no one shows up since you really don't need back up and are just abusing your sergeant authority. Which by the way, you were not the trooper's sergeant. I would hope that the trooper complains and file a neglect of duty on your part with OIG and giving a trooper a command which clearly violates FHP policy and violates the law you swore to uphold. Not to add that the trooper could be thinking you really need back up and could get himself in a crash. Please take your job seriously as you require your subordinates to do. You are not special and there's a reason why you are no longer in BOI.

Unregistered
    And the Trooper he gave it to was a Troop K Trooper not even Troop D. Way to go!!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Road Trooper View Post
    Sgt. Ross next time you do a traffic stop, could you please don't negelct your duties and the law you swore to uphold. If you do a traffic stop and the violator has drugs, could you please handle the traffic stop and not call for back up. Yes back up, and then turned the traffic stop over to another trooper. Just because you were in BOI and don't know how to do the job, that doesn't give you the right to screw a fellow trooper. I would hope the next time you call for back up that no one shows up since you really don't need back up and are just abusing your sergeant authority. Which by the way, you were not the trooper's sergeant. I would hope that the trooper complains and file a neglect of duty on your part with OIG and giving a trooper a command which clearly violates FHP policy and violates the law you swore to uphold. Not to add that the trooper could be thinking you really need back up and could get himself in a crash. Please take your job seriously as you require your subordinates to do. You are not special and there's a reason why you are no longer in BOI.
    A SGT can call a trooper over to handle the call. Show me what policy he broke? I dont agree with his actions but its hardly a policy violation. Second unless it was felony drugs he could have chose to just confiscate the drugs and turn them in for destruction. There is nothing that says an arrest has to be made..

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    A SGT can call a trooper over to handle the call. Show me what policy he broke? I dont agree with his actions but its hardly a policy violation. Second unless it was felony drugs he could have chose to just confiscate the drugs and turn them in for destruction. There is nothing that says an arrest has to be made..
    You must be a 6 month rookie. Absolutely a policy violation and it's againt the law you swore to uphold. Anyways, i have the perfect solution. Next time he calls for back up, puncture a tire and take 3 hours at goodyear or even better if you get there and he hands you his traffic stop, say oh you are 10-4 so i'll see you later 10-98. Get on your car and drive off. There's nothing he can do to you. If he tries to file papers, you do the same with neglect of his duties. What would happen if we didn'h have anyone available? Call the SO or let the violator go.
    Trust me on this one, he doesn't want to file any papers on anyone. Reason: he's hates by everyone in troop d and the colonel can't stand him. That's why he was kicked out of BOI. When has anyone been kicked out of BOI? Doesn't happen!! This guy is just a dutch bag. Should be demoted. Has no business being a sgt.

Unregistered
    You must be a 6 month rookie. Absolutely a policy violation and it's againt the law you swore to uphold. Anyways, i have the perfect solution. Next time he calls for back up, puncture a tire and take 3 hours at goodyear or even better if you get there and he hands you his traffic stop, say oh you are 10-4 so i'll see you later 10-98. Get on your car and drive off. There's nothing he can do to you. If he tries to file papers, you do the same with neglect of his duties. What would happen if we didn'h have anyone available? Call the SO or let the violator go.
    Trust me on this one, he doesn't want to file any papers on anyone. Reason: he's hates by everyone in troop d and the colonel can't stand him. That's why he was kicked out of BOI. When has anyone been kicked out of BOI? Doesn't happen!! This guy is just a dutch bag. Should be demoted. Has no business being a sgt.
    Here's whats funny you just proved to me you have only ever worked at FHP and for Im guessing 3 or less years. First off WHAT POLICY is he violating in your mind? Name and number and section?

Having worked for FHP in the past and now an SO this happens everyday. If you SGT makes a stop and someone needs to take a ride not a single guy on the squad is going to let the SGT take it to jail we will take care of it. Why? A SGT is the front line supervisor and does not need to be wasting his time at the jail with BS. He needs to be on the road being a SGT.

Have you ever heard of officer discretion? If it was a misdemeanor then he is fully within his rights as are you to NOT MAKE an arrest and let the person go. Now the drugs must be put into evidence for destruction. But under FL LAW you as an officer do not have make an arrest for misdemeanors if you choose not to.

So crybbaby I still pose this question to you? What policy are your trying to say he broke? What law are you trying to say its against? And all that holly than thou crap your pulling..

Unregistered
    Here's whats funny you just proved to me you have only ever worked at FHP and for Im guessing 3 or less years. First off WHAT POLICY is he violating in your mind? Name and number and section?

Having worked for FHP in the past and now an SO this happens everyday. If you SGT makes a stop and someone needs to take a ride not a single guy on the squad is going to let the SGT take it to jail we will take care of it. Why? A SGT is the front line supervisor and does not need to be wasting his time at the jail with BS. He needs to be on the road being a SGT.

Have you ever heard of officer discretion? If it was a misdemeanor then he is fully within his rights as are you to NOT MAKE an arrest and let the person go. Now the drugs must be put into evidence for destruction. But under FL LAW you as an officer do not have make an arrest for misdemeanors if you choose not to.

So crybbaby I still pose this question to you? What policy are your trying to say he broke? What law are you trying to say its against? And all that holly than thou crap your pulling..
    Agreed on all points. I'll go a step further. I challenge anyone to point out a general statute (other than a limited exception like DV) that mandates an arrest for felonies?
    I don't know of one.

We send charges to the state attorney for felonies all the time instead of making arrests.

Unregistered

Why are you on our leo affairs idiot? Glad you left FHP. You just can't let it go. Stalker!! You keep saying if it was a misdemeanor to let him go? Why are you assuming? How about if it was a felony? If the sgt doesn't want to take the drugs, then DON' T DO THE TRAFFIC STOP. By the way every single time this happens and the trooper complaints, the sgt has gotten in trouble. It's called neglect of duty. Your duty as an leo to take the appropriate action when necessary. It's your traffic stop. You must live on our leo affairs to respond thia early. Get over yourself, you left for a reason and have 00000 idea of what you are talking about. Go to a deputy leo affairs or your agency leo affairs. You really sound dumb and stupid. This had got to be Sgt. Ross posting. Clueless idiot! No other leo would write this. Stop trying to divert that you are not him. No other leo cares about fhp leo affairs. SGT. RODS DO YOUR JOB AND STOP NEGELCTING YOUR DUTY.

Unregistered
    Why are you on our leo affairs idiot? Glad you left FHP. You just can't let it go. Stalker!! You keep saying if it was a misdemeanor to let him go? Why are you assuming? How about if it was a felony? If the sgt doesn't want to take the drugs, then DON' T DO THE TRAFFIC STOP. By the way every single time this happens and the trooper complaints, the sgt has gotten in trouble. It's called neglect of duty. Your duty as an leo to take the appropriate action when necessary. It's your traffic stop. You must live on our leo affairs to respond thia early. Get over yourself, you left for a reason and have 00000 idea of what you are talking about. Go to a deputy leo affairs or your agency leo affairs. You really sound dumb and stupid. This had got to be Sgt. Ross posting. Clueless idiot! No other leo would write this. Stop trying to divert that you are not him. No other leo cares about fhp leo affairs. SGT. RODS DO YOUR JOB AND STOP NEGELCTING YOUR DUTY.
    In trouble huh? Where the D number from his case? Its all public records! If he got "in trouble" for doing this before wheres the D number?

Unregistered
    Not making a drug arrest is no "Neglect of Duty" there smart guy. There is nothing in policy or state statute about having to make drug arrests. Now there are some things like DV, child abuse, FHP's our policy about DUI's, mental health ect. If he chose not to arrest one of those and there was PC for it. Then yes you would have a Neglect of Duty charge possibly. Just like writting tickets you cannot by state law be forced to write a ticket if you choose not to..

Unregistered
    Agreed on all points. I'll go a step further. I challenge anyone to point out a general statute (other than a limited exception like DV) that mandates an arrest for felonies?
    I don't know of one.

We send charges to the state attorney for felonies all the time instead of making arrests.
    So you're saying we don't arrest for felonies? What the heck do we arrest for then dumb nuts?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast